Subject: linux-next: build warnings after merge of the tip tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2023 13:12:29 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the tip tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64 allmodconfig)
produced these warnings:

drivers/input/tests/input_test.o: warning: objtool: input_test_init+0x1cb: stack state mismatch: cfa1=4+64 cfa2=4+56
drivers/gpu/drm/tests/drm_buddy_test.o: warning: objtool: drm_test_buddy_alloc_optimistic+0x3ab: stack state mismatch: cfa1=4+176 cfa2=4+184
drivers/gpu/drm/tests/drm_buddy_test.o: warning: objtool: drm_test_buddy_alloc_pathological+0x741: stack state mismatch: cfa1=4+216 cfa2=4+232
drivers/gpu/drm/tests/drm_buddy_test.o: warning: objtool: drm_test_buddy_alloc_pessimistic+0x486: stack state mismatch: cfa1=4+200 cfa2=4+208
drivers/gpu/drm/tests/drm_buddy_test.o: warning: objtool: drm_test_buddy_alloc_range+0x46e: stack state mismatch: cfa1=4+232 cfa2=4+248
drivers/gpu/drm/tests/drm_mm_test.o: warning: objtool: drm_test_mm_debug+0x1fa: stack state mismatch: cfa1=4+656 cfa2=4+640
lib/kunit/kunit-test.o: warning: objtool: kunit_log_newline_test+0xfb: return with modified stack frame
lib/strscpy_kunit.o: warning: objtool: tc+0x560: stack state mismatch: cfa1=4+128 cfa2=4+136
lib/memcpy_kunit.o: warning: objtool: inner_loop+0x4fc: stack state mismatch: cfa1=4+168 cfa2=4+192
lib/memcpy_kunit.o: warning: objtool: copy_large_test+0xfa: stack state mismatch: cfa1=4+128 cfa2=4+176
lib/stackinit_kunit.o: warning: objtool: test_packed_assigned_dynamic_all+0x2ef: return with modified stack frame
lib/stackinit_kunit.o: warning: objtool: test_trailing_hole_assigned_dynamic_all+0x31c: return with modified stack frame
lib/stackinit_kunit.o: warning: objtool: test_small_hole_assigned_dynamic_all+0x31a: return with modified stack frame
lib/stackinit_kunit.o: warning: objtool: test_packed_dynamic_all+0x2ef: return with modified stack frame
lib/stackinit_kunit.o: warning: objtool: test_trailing_hole_dynamic_all+0x31c: return with modified stack frame
lib/stackinit_kunit.o: warning: objtool: test_small_hole_dynamic_all+0x31a: return with modified stack frame
lib/stackinit_kunit.o: warning: objtool: test_packed_assigned_copy+0x2ef: return with modified stack frame
lib/stackinit_kunit.o: warning: objtool: test_trailing_hole_assigned_copy+0x31c: return with modified stack frame
lib/stackinit_kunit.o: warning: objtool: test_small_hole_assigned_copy+0x31a: return with modified stack frame
lib/stackinit_kunit.o: warning: objtool: test_switch_2_none+0x282: return with modified stack frame
lib/stackinit_kunit.o: warning: objtool: test_switch_1_none+0x282: return with modified stack frame
lib/stackinit_kunit.o: warning: objtool: test_user+0x2ea: return with modified stack frame
lib/stackinit_kunit.o: warning: objtool: test_packed_none+0x2c1: return with modified stack frame
lib/stackinit_kunit.o: warning: objtool: test_trailing_hole_none+0x2ea: return with modified stack frame
lib/stackinit_kunit.o: warning: objtool: test_small_hole_none+0x2e8: return with modified stack frame
lib/stackinit_kunit.o: warning: objtool: test_char_array_none+0x2d3: return with modified stack frame
lib/stackinit_kunit.o: warning: objtool: test_u64_none+0x2c1: return with modified stack frame
lib/stackinit_kunit.o: warning: objtool: test_u32_none+0x2c1: return with modified stack frame
lib/stackinit_kunit.o: warning: objtool: test_u16_none+0x2c1: return with modified stack frame
lib/stackinit_kunit.o: warning: objtool: test_u8_none+0x2c1: return with modified stack frame
lib/stackinit_kunit.o: warning: objtool: test_trailing_hole_runtime_all+0x2ea: return with modified stack frame
lib/stackinit_kunit.o: warning: objtool: test_trailing_hole_assigned_static_all+0x2ea: return with modified stack frame
lib/stackinit_kunit.o: warning: objtool: test_small_hole_runtime_all+0x2e8: return with modified stack frame
lib/stackinit_kunit.o: warning: objtool: test_small_hole_assigned_static_all+0x2e8: return with modified stack frame
lib/stackinit_kunit.o: warning: objtool: test_packed_runtime_partial+0x2c1: return with modified stack frame
lib/stackinit_kunit.o: warning: objtool: test_trailing_hole_runtime_partial+0x2ea: return with modified stack frame
lib/stackinit_kunit.o: warning: objtool: test_small_hole_runtime_partial+0x2e8: return with modified stack frame
lib/stackinit_kunit.o: warning: objtool: test_packed_static_all+0x2c1: return with modified stack frame
lib/stackinit_kunit.o: warning: objtool: test_packed_assigned_static_all+0x2c1: return with modified stack frame
lib/stackinit_kunit.o: warning: objtool: test_packed_runtime_all+0x2c1: return with modified stack frame
lib/stackinit_kunit.o: warning: objtool: test_trailing_hole_static_all+0x2ea: return with modified stack frame
lib/stackinit_kunit.o: warning: objtool: test_small_hole_static_all+0x2e8: return with modified stack frame
lib/stackinit_kunit.o: warning: objtool: test_packed_zero+0x2c1: return with modified stack frame
lib/stackinit_kunit.o: warning: objtool: test_packed_assigned_static_partial+0x2c1: return with modified stack frame
lib/stackinit_kunit.o: warning: objtool: test_packed_static_partial+0x2c1: return with modified stack frame
lib/stackinit_kunit.o: warning: objtool: test_trailing_hole_zero+0x2ea: return with modified stack frame
lib/stackinit_kunit.o: warning: objtool: test_trailing_hole_assigned_static_partial+0x2ea: return with modified stack frame
lib/stackinit_kunit.o: warning: objtool: test_trailing_hole_static_partial+0x2ea: return with modified stack frame
lib/stackinit_kunit.o: warning: objtool: test_small_hole_zero+0x2e8: return with modified stack frame
lib/stackinit_kunit.o: warning: objtool: test_small_hole_assigned_static_partial+0x2e8: return with modified stack frame
lib/stackinit_kunit.o: warning: objtool: test_small_hole_static_partial+0x2e8: return with modified stack frame
lib/stackinit_kunit.o: warning: objtool: test_char_array_zero+0x2d3: return with modified stack frame
lib/stackinit_kunit.o: warning: objtool: test_u64_zero+0x2c1: return with modified stack frame
lib/stackinit_kunit.o: warning: objtool: test_u32_zero+0x2c1: return with modified stack frame
lib/stackinit_kunit.o: warning: objtool: test_u16_zero+0x2c1: return with modified stack frame
lib/stackinit_kunit.o: warning: objtool: test_u8_zero+0x2c1: return with modified stack frame
lib/stackinit_kunit.o: warning: objtool: test_packed_assigned_dynamic_partial+0x2c5: return with modified stack frame
lib/stackinit_kunit.o: warning: objtool: test_trailing_hole_assigned_dynamic_partial+0x323: return with modified stack frame
lib/stackinit_kunit.o: warning: objtool: test_small_hole_assigned_dynamic_partial+0x321: return with modified stack frame
lib/stackinit_kunit.o: warning: objtool: test_packed_dynamic_partial+0x2c5: return with modified stack frame
lib/stackinit_kunit.o: warning: objtool: test_trailing_hole_dynamic_partial+0x323: return with modified stack frame
lib/stackinit_kunit.o: warning: objtool: test_small_hole_dynamic_partial+0x321: return with modified stack frame

Presumably introduced by some change to objtool.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell