Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the asahi-soc tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2023 08:58:16 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the asahi-soc tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) failed like this:

In file included from include/linux/io.h:13,
                 from drivers/soc/apple/mailbox.c:22:
drivers/soc/apple/mailbox.c: In function 'apple_mbox_send':
drivers/soc/apple/mailbox.c:151:24: error: implicit declaration of function 'FIELD_PREP' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
  151 |         writeq_relaxed(FIELD_PREP(APPLE_MBOX_MSG1_MSG, msg.msg1),
      |                        ^~~~~~~~~~
arch/x86/include/asm/io.h:103:42: note: in definition of macro 'writeq_relaxed'
  103 | #define writeq_relaxed(v, a)    __writeq(v, a)
      |                                          ^
drivers/soc/apple/mailbox.c: In function 'apple_mbox_poll_locked':
drivers/soc/apple/mailbox.c:188:28: error: implicit declaration of function 'FIELD_GET' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
  188 |                 msg.msg1 = FIELD_GET(
      |                            ^~~~~~~~~

Caused by commit

  0d1f3f7f8486 ("soc: apple: mailbox: Add ASC/M3 mailbox driver")

I have used the asshi-soc tree from next-20230602 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell