Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the mm tree with Linus' tree

From: Andrew Morton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2023 13:25:37 -0700

On Mon, 19 Jun 2023 09:23:55 +1000 Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi all,
> 
> Today's linux-next merge of the mm tree got a conflict in:
> 
>   mm/mmap.c
> 
> between commit:
> 
>   606c812eb1d5 ("mm/mmap: Fix error path in do_vmi_align_munmap()")
> 
> from the origin tree and commits:
> 
>   66106c364147 ("mm: change do_vmi_align_munmap() side tree index")
>   47b1d8de18f5 ("mm/mmap: change vma iteration order in do_vmi_align_munmap()")
> 
> from the mm tree.
> 
> I fixed it up (I think - see below) and can carry the fix as
> necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any
> non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer
> when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider
> cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any
> particularly complex conflicts.
> 

Thanks, Stephen.

We'll push the series "Reduce preallocations for maple tree" into the
next -rc cycle, so this issue should go away.

These:

maple_tree-add-benchmarking-for-mas_for_each.patch
maple_tree-add-benchmarking-for-mas_prev.patch
mm-move-unmap_vmas-declaration-to-internal-header.patch
mm-change-do_vmi_align_munmap-side-tree-index.patch
mm-remove-prev-check-from-do_vmi_align_munmap.patch
maple_tree-introduce-__mas_set_range.patch
mm-remove-re-walk-from-mmap_region.patch
maple_tree-adjust-node-allocation-on-mas_rebalance.patch
maple_tree-re-introduce-entry-to-mas_preallocate-arguments.patch
mm-use-vma_iter_clear_gfp-in-nommu.patch
mm-set-up-vma-iterator-for-vma_iter_prealloc-calls.patch
maple_tree-move-mas_wr_end_piv-below-mas_wr_extend_null.patch
maple_tree-update-mas_preallocate-testing.patch
maple_tree-refine-mas_preallocate-node-calculations.patch
maple_tree-reduce-resets-during-store-setup.patch
mm-mmap-change-vma-iteration-order-in-do_vmi_align_munmap.patch