Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the clockevents tree with the tip tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 11:56:49 +1000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the clockevents tree got a conflict in:

  drivers/clocksource/hyperv_timer.c

between commit:

  e39acc37db34 ("clocksource: hyper-v: Provide noinstr sched_clock()")

from the tip tree and commit:

  f23dab716a66 ("clocksource/drivers/hyper-v: Rework clocksource and sched clock setup")

from the clockevents tree.

I fixed it up (the latter removed a function changed by the former) and
can carry the fix as necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next
is concerned, but any non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your
upstream maintainer when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may
also want to consider cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting
tree to minimise any particularly complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell