Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the seccomp tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2023 12:40:55 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the seccomp tree, today's linux-next build (native perf)
failed like this:

make[3]: *** No rule to make target '/home/sfr/next/perf/bench/sched-seccomp-notify.o', needed by '/home/sfr/next/perf/bench/perf-in.o'.  Stop.
make[3]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[2]: *** [/home/sfr/next/next/tools/build/Makefile.build:140: bench] Error 2
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[1]: *** [Makefile.perf:682: /home/sfr/next/perf/perf-in.o] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile.perf:242: sub-make] Error 2
Command exited with non-zero status 2

Presumably caused by commit

  df614e369b5c ("perf/benchmark: add a new benchmark for seccom_unotify")

This is a native build of perf on a PowerPC 46 bit LE host.

I have used the seccomp tree from next-20230628 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell