Subject: linux-next: build warning after merge of the aspeed tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2023 09:51:01 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the aspeed tree, today's linux-next build (arm
multi_v7_defconfig) produced this warning:

arch/arm/boot/dts/aspeed/aspeed-bmc-ibm-bonnell.dts:238.6-19: Warning (reg_format): /ahb/apb/fsi@1e79b000/cfam@0,0/i2c@1800/i2c-bus@a/eeprom@50:reg: property has invalid length (4 bytes) (#address-cells == 2, #size-cells == 1)
arch/arm/boot/dts/aspeed/aspeed-bmc-ibm-bonnell.dts:247.6-19: Warning (reg_format): /ahb/apb/fsi@1e79b000/cfam@0,0/i2c@1800/i2c-bus@b/eeprom@50:reg: property has invalid length (4 bytes) (#address-cells == 2, #size-cells == 1)
arch/arm/boot/dts/aspeed/aspeed-bmc-ibm-bonnell.dts:256.6-19: Warning (reg_format): /ahb/apb/fsi@1e79b000/cfam@0,0/i2c@1800/i2c-bus@c/eeprom@50:reg: property has invalid length (4 bytes) (#address-cells == 2, #size-cells == 1)
arch/arm/boot/dts/aspeed/aspeed-bmc-ibm-bonnell.dts:265.6-19: Warning (reg_format): /ahb/apb/fsi@1e79b000/cfam@0,0/i2c@1800/i2c-bus@d/eeprom@50:reg: property has invalid length (4 bytes) (#address-cells == 2, #size-cells == 1)
arch/arm/boot/dts/aspeed/aspeed-bmc-ibm-bonnell.dtb: Warning (pci_device_reg): Failed prerequisite 'reg_format'
arch/arm/boot/dts/aspeed/aspeed-bmc-ibm-bonnell.dtb: Warning (pci_device_bus_num): Failed prerequisite 'reg_format'
arch/arm/boot/dts/aspeed/aspeed-bmc-ibm-bonnell.dts:233.27-240.6: Warning (i2c_bus_bridge): /ahb/apb/fsi@1e79b000/cfam@0,0/i2c@1800/i2c-bus@a: incorrect #address-cells for I2C bus
arch/arm/boot/dts/aspeed/aspeed-bmc-ibm-bonnell.dts:233.27-240.6: Warning (i2c_bus_bridge): /ahb/apb/fsi@1e79b000/cfam@0,0/i2c@1800/i2c-bus@a: incorrect #size-cells for I2C bus
arch/arm/boot/dts/aspeed/aspeed-bmc-ibm-bonnell.dts:242.27-249.6: Warning (i2c_bus_bridge): /ahb/apb/fsi@1e79b000/cfam@0,0/i2c@1800/i2c-bus@b: incorrect #address-cells for I2C bus
arch/arm/boot/dts/aspeed/aspeed-bmc-ibm-bonnell.dts:242.27-249.6: Warning (i2c_bus_bridge): /ahb/apb/fsi@1e79b000/cfam@0,0/i2c@1800/i2c-bus@b: incorrect #size-cells for I2C bus
arch/arm/boot/dts/aspeed/aspeed-bmc-ibm-bonnell.dts:251.27-258.6: Warning (i2c_bus_bridge): /ahb/apb/fsi@1e79b000/cfam@0,0/i2c@1800/i2c-bus@c: incorrect #address-cells for I2C bus
arch/arm/boot/dts/aspeed/aspeed-bmc-ibm-bonnell.dts:251.27-258.6: Warning (i2c_bus_bridge): /ahb/apb/fsi@1e79b000/cfam@0,0/i2c@1800/i2c-bus@c: incorrect #size-cells for I2C bus
arch/arm/boot/dts/aspeed/aspeed-bmc-ibm-bonnell.dts:260.27-267.6: Warning (i2c_bus_bridge): /ahb/apb/fsi@1e79b000/cfam@0,0/i2c@1800/i2c-bus@d: incorrect #address-cells for I2C bus
arch/arm/boot/dts/aspeed/aspeed-bmc-ibm-bonnell.dts:260.27-267.6: Warning (i2c_bus_bridge): /ahb/apb/fsi@1e79b000/cfam@0,0/i2c@1800/i2c-bus@d: incorrect #size-cells for I2C bus
arch/arm/boot/dts/aspeed/aspeed-bmc-ibm-bonnell.dtb: Warning (i2c_bus_reg): Failed prerequisite 'reg_format'
arch/arm/boot/dts/aspeed/aspeed-bmc-ibm-bonnell.dtb: Warning (i2c_bus_reg): Failed prerequisite 'i2c_bus_bridge'
arch/arm/boot/dts/aspeed/aspeed-bmc-ibm-bonnell.dtb: Warning (spi_bus_reg): Failed prerequisite 'reg_format'
arch/arm/boot/dts/aspeed/aspeed-bmc-ibm-bonnell.dts:236.15-239.7: Warning (avoid_default_addr_size): /ahb/apb/fsi@1e79b000/cfam@0,0/i2c@1800/i2c-bus@a/eeprom@50: Relying on default #address-cells value
arch/arm/boot/dts/aspeed/aspeed-bmc-ibm-bonnell.dts:236.15-239.7: Warning (avoid_default_addr_size): /ahb/apb/fsi@1e79b000/cfam@0,0/i2c@1800/i2c-bus@a/eeprom@50: Relying on default #size-cells value
arch/arm/boot/dts/aspeed/aspeed-bmc-ibm-bonnell.dts:245.15-248.7: Warning (avoid_default_addr_size): /ahb/apb/fsi@1e79b000/cfam@0,0/i2c@1800/i2c-bus@b/eeprom@50: Relying on default #address-cells value
arch/arm/boot/dts/aspeed/aspeed-bmc-ibm-bonnell.dts:245.15-248.7: Warning (avoid_default_addr_size): /ahb/apb/fsi@1e79b000/cfam@0,0/i2c@1800/i2c-bus@b/eeprom@50: Relying on default #size-cells value
arch/arm/boot/dts/aspeed/aspeed-bmc-ibm-bonnell.dts:254.15-257.7: Warning (avoid_default_addr_size): /ahb/apb/fsi@1e79b000/cfam@0,0/i2c@1800/i2c-bus@c/eeprom@50: Relying on default #address-cells value
arch/arm/boot/dts/aspeed/aspeed-bmc-ibm-bonnell.dts:254.15-257.7: Warning (avoid_default_addr_size): /ahb/apb/fsi@1e79b000/cfam@0,0/i2c@1800/i2c-bus@c/eeprom@50: Relying on default #size-cells value
arch/arm/boot/dts/aspeed/aspeed-bmc-ibm-bonnell.dts:263.15-266.7: Warning (avoid_default_addr_size): /ahb/apb/fsi@1e79b000/cfam@0,0/i2c@1800/i2c-bus@d/eeprom@50: Relying on default #address-cells value
arch/arm/boot/dts/aspeed/aspeed-bmc-ibm-bonnell.dts:263.15-266.7: Warning (avoid_default_addr_size): /ahb/apb/fsi@1e79b000/cfam@0,0/i2c@1800/i2c-bus@d/eeprom@50: Relying on default #size-cells value

Presumably introduced by commit

  267c95dc9f80 ("ARM: dts: aspeed: bonnell: Add DIMM SPD")

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell