Subject: linux-next: build warnings after merge of the amdgpu tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2023 09:08:56 +1000

Hi all,

[This consolidates a while lot of warnings I have reported over the past
year ... these are now produced whe building Linus' tree]

After merging the amdgpu tree, today's linux-next build (htmldocs)
produced these warnings:

drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'native422_support' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'disable_dsc' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'visual_confirm' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'visual_confirm_rect_height' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'sanity_checks' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'max_disp_clk' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'surface_trace' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'timing_trace' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'clock_trace' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'validation_trace' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'bandwidth_calcs_trace' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'max_downscale_src_width' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'disable_stutter' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'use_max_lb' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'disable_dcc' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'force_single_disp_pipe_split' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'voltage_align_fclk' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'disable_min_fclk' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'disable_dfs_bypass' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'disable_dpp_power_gate' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'disable_hubp_power_gate' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'disable_dsc_power_gate' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'dsc_min_slice_height_override' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'dsc_bpp_increment_div' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'disable_pplib_wm_range' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'pplib_wm_report_mode' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'min_disp_clk_khz' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'min_dpp_clk_khz' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'min_dram_clk_khz' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'sr_exit_time_dpm0_ns' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'sr_enter_plus_exit_time_dpm0_ns' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'sr_exit_time_ns' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'sr_enter_plus_exit_time_ns' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'sr_exit_z8_time_ns' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'sr_enter_plus_exit_z8_time_ns' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'urgent_latency_ns' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'underflow_assert_delay_us' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'percent_of_ideal_drambw' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'dram_clock_change_latency_ns' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'optimized_watermark' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'always_scale' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'disable_pplib_clock_request' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'disable_clock_gate' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'disable_mem_low_power' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'pstate_enabled' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'disable_dmcu' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'force_abm_enable' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'disable_stereo_support' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'vsr_support' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'performance_trace' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'az_endpoint_mute_only' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'always_use_regamma' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'recovery_enabled' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'avoid_vbios_exec_table' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'scl_reset_length10' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'hdmi20_disable' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'skip_detection_link_training' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'edid_read_retry_times' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'force_odm_combine' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'seamless_boot_odm_combine' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'force_odm_combine_4to1' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'minimum_z8_residency_time' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'disable_z9_mpc' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'force_fclk_khz' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'enable_tri_buf' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'dmub_offload_enabled' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'dmcub_emulation' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'disable_idle_power_optimizations' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'mall_size_override' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'mall_additional_timer_percent' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'mall_error_as_fatal' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'dmub_command_table' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'bw_val_profile' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'disable_fec' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'disable_48mhz_pwrdwn' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'force_min_dcfclk_mhz' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'dwb_fi_phase' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'disable_timing_sync' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'cm_in_bypass' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'force_clock_mode' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'disable_dram_clock_change_vactive_support' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'validate_dml_output' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'enable_dmcub_surface_flip' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'usbc_combo_phy_reset_wa' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'enable_dram_clock_change_one_display_vactive' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'legacy_dp2_lt' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'set_mst_en_for_sst' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'disable_uhbr' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'force_dp2_lt_fallback_method' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'ignore_cable_id' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'enable_mem_low_power' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'root_clock_optimization' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'hpo_optimization' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'force_vblank_alignment' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'enable_dmub_aux_for_legacy_ddc' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'disable_fams' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'disable_fams_gaming' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'fec_enable_delay_in100us' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'enable_driver_sequence_debug' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'crb_alloc_policy' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'crb_alloc_policy_min_disp_count' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'disable_z10' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'enable_z9_disable_interface' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'psr_skip_crtc_disable' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'dpia_debug' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'disable_fixed_vs_aux_timeout_wa' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'force_disable_subvp' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'force_subvp_mclk_switch' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'allow_sw_cursor_fallback' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'force_subvp_num_ways' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'force_mall_ss_num_ways' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'alloc_extra_way_for_cursor' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'subvp_extra_lines' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'force_usr_allow' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'disable_dtb_ref_clk_switch' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'extended_blank_optimization' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'aux_wake_wa' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'mst_start_top_delay' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'psr_power_use_phy_fsm' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'dml_hostvm_override' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'dml_disallow_alternate_prefetch_modes' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'use_legacy_soc_bb_mechanism' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'exit_idle_opt_for_cursor_updates' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'enable_single_display_2to1_odm_policy' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'enable_double_buffered_dsc_pg_support' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'enable_dp_dig_pixel_rate_div_policy' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'lttpr_mode_override' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'dsc_delay_factor_wa_x1000' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'min_prefetch_in_strobe_ns' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'disable_unbounded_requesting' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'dig_fifo_off_in_blank' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'temp_mst_deallocation_sequence' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'override_dispclk_programming' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'disable_fpo_optimizations' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'support_eDP1_5' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'fpo_vactive_margin_us' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'disable_fpo_vactive' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'disable_boot_optimizations' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'override_odm_optimization' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'minimize_dispclk_using_odm' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'disable_subvp_high_refresh' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'disable_dp_plus_plus_wa' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'fpo_vactive_min_active_margin_us' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'fpo_vactive_max_blank_us' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'enable_legacy_fast_update' not described in 'dc_debug_options'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc.h:905: warning: Function parameter or member 'disable_dc_mode_overwrite' not described in 'dc_debug_options'

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell