Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the cgroup tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2023 11:34:57 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the cgroup tree, today's linux-next build (arm
multi_v7_defconfig) failed like this:

kernel/cgroup/cgroup.c: In function 'cgroup_local_stat_show':
kernel/cgroup/cgroup.c:3699:15: error: implicit declaration of function 'cgroup_tryget_css'; did you mean 'cgroup_tryget'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
 3699 |         css = cgroup_tryget_css(cgrp, ss);
      |               ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      |               cgroup_tryget
kernel/cgroup/cgroup.c:3699:13: warning: assignment to 'struct cgroup_subsys_state *' from 'int' makes pointer from integer without a cast [-Wint-conversion]
 3699 |         css = cgroup_tryget_css(cgrp, ss);
      |             ^

Caused by commit

  d1d4ff5d11a5 ("cgroup: put cgroup_tryget_css() inside CONFIG_CGROUP_SCHED")

interacting with commit

  677ea015f231 ("sched: add throttled time stat for throttled children")

from the tip tree.

I have reverted commit d1d4ff5d11a5 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell