Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the vfs-brauner tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2023 10:03:03 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the vfs-brauner tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) failed like this:

mm/shmem.c: In function 'shmem_enable_quotas':
mm/shmem.c:284:23: error: implicit declaration of function 'dquot_load_quota_sb'; did you mean 'dquot_load_quota_inode'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
  284 |                 err = dquot_load_quota_sb(sb, type, QFMT_SHMEM,
      |                       ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      |                       dquot_load_quota_inode

Caused by commit

  220a17f613eb ("shmem: quota support")

interacting with commit

  9543f84c067d ("quota: mark dquot_load_quota_sb static")

from the ext3 tree.

I have reverted the ext3 tree patch for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell