Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the tip tree with the vfs-brauner tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2023 14:24:37 +1000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the tip tree got a conflict in:

  arch/x86/entry/syscalls/syscall_64.tbl

between commit:

  78252deb023c ("arch: Register fchmodat2, usually as syscall 452")

from the vfs-brauner tree and commit:

  c35559f94ebc ("x86/shstk: Introduce map_shadow_stack syscall")

from the tip tree.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

diff --cc arch/x86/entry/syscalls/syscall_64.tbl
index 814768249eae,38db4b1c291a..000000000000
--- a/arch/x86/entry/syscalls/syscall_64.tbl
+++ b/arch/x86/entry/syscalls/syscall_64.tbl
@@@ -373,7 -373,7 +373,8 @@@
  449	common	futex_waitv		sys_futex_waitv
  450	common	set_mempolicy_home_node	sys_set_mempolicy_home_node
  451	common	cachestat		sys_cachestat
 -452	64	map_shadow_stack	sys_map_shadow_stack
 +452	common	fchmodat2		sys_fchmodat2
++453	64	map_shadow_stack	sys_map_shadow_stack
  
  #
  # Due to a historical design error, certain syscalls are numbered differently