Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the kselftest tree with the mm-hotfixes tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2023 14:52:58 +1000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the kselftest tree got a conflict in:

  tools/testing/selftests/cachestat/test_cachestat.c

between commits:

  fbf31ed6e0f4 ("selftests: cachestat: test for cachestat availability")
  8d55633e168b ("selftests: cachestat: catch failing fsync test on tmpfs")

from the mm-hotfixes tree and commit:

  13eb52f6293d ("selftests: cachestat: test for cachestat availability")

from the kselftest tree.

I fixed it up (I just used the former version of the conflicting bits)
and can carry the fix as necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next
is concerned, but any non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your
upstream maintainer when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may
also want to consider cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting
tree to minimise any particularly complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell