Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the nolibc tree with the vfs-brauner tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2023 14:10:08 +1000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the nolibc tree got a conflict in:

  tools/testing/selftests/nolibc/nolibc-test.c

between commit:

  49319832de90 ("selftests/nolibc: drop test chmod_net")

from the vfs-brauner tree and commit:

  148e9718e2a2 ("selftests/nolibc: add chmod_argv0 test")

from the nolibc tree.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

diff --cc tools/testing/selftests/nolibc/nolibc-test.c
index 970df9e55131,e2b70641a1e7..000000000000
--- a/tools/testing/selftests/nolibc/nolibc-test.c
+++ b/tools/testing/selftests/nolibc/nolibc-test.c
@@@ -572,11 -857,14 +857,13 @@@ int run_syscall(int min, int max
  		CASE_TEST(kill_0);            EXPECT_SYSZR(1, kill(getpid(), 0)); break;
  		CASE_TEST(kill_CONT);         EXPECT_SYSZR(1, kill(getpid(), 0)); break;
  		CASE_TEST(kill_BADPID);       EXPECT_SYSER(1, kill(INT_MAX, 0), -1, ESRCH); break;
+ 		CASE_TEST(sbrk_0);            EXPECT_PTRNE(1, sbrk(0), (void *)-1); break;
  		CASE_TEST(sbrk);              if ((p1 = p2 = sbrk(4096)) != (void *)-1) p2 = sbrk(-4096); EXPECT_SYSZR(1, (p2 == (void *)-1) || p2 == p1); break;
  		CASE_TEST(brk);               EXPECT_SYSZR(1, brk(sbrk(0))); break;
- 		CASE_TEST(chdir_root);        EXPECT_SYSZR(1, chdir("/")); break;
+ 		CASE_TEST(chdir_root);        EXPECT_SYSZR(1, chdir("/")); chdir(getenv("PWD")); break;
  		CASE_TEST(chdir_dot);         EXPECT_SYSZR(1, chdir(".")); break;
  		CASE_TEST(chdir_blah);        EXPECT_SYSER(1, chdir("/blah"), -1, ENOENT); break;
+ 		CASE_TEST(chmod_argv0);       EXPECT_SYSZR(1, chmod(argv0, 0555)); break;
 -		CASE_TEST(chmod_net);         EXPECT_SYSZR(proc, chmod("/proc/self/net", 0555)); break;
  		CASE_TEST(chmod_self);        EXPECT_SYSER(proc, chmod("/proc/self", 0555), -1, EPERM); break;
  		CASE_TEST(chown_self);        EXPECT_SYSER(proc, chown("/proc/self", 0, 0), -1, EPERM); break;
  		CASE_TEST(chroot_root);       EXPECT_SYSZR(euid0, chroot("/")); break;