Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the sysctl tree with the asm-generic tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2023 11:50:34 +1000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the sysctl tree got a conflict in:

  arch/ia64/kernel/crash.c

between commit:

  cf8e8658100d ("arch: Remove Itanium (IA-64) architecture")

from the asm-generic tree and commit:

  d2f2ef357794 ("ia64: Remove now superfluous sentinel element from ctl_table array")

from the sysctl tree.

I fixed it up (I removed the file) and can carry the fix as
necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any
non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer
when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider
cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any
particularly complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell