Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the drm-misc tree with Linus' tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2023 11:41:33 +1000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the drm-misc tree got a conflict in:

  drivers/accel/qaic/qaic_data.c

between commit:

  2d956177b7c9 ("accel/qaic: Fix slicing memory leak")

from Linus' tree and commit:

  217b812364d3 ("accel/qaic: Add QAIC_DETACH_SLICE_BO IOCTL")

from the drm-misc tree.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

diff --cc drivers/accel/qaic/qaic_data.c
index f4b06792c6f1,c90fa6a430f6..000000000000
--- a/drivers/accel/qaic/qaic_data.c
+++ b/drivers/accel/qaic/qaic_data.c
@@@ -1018,10 -1031,10 +1031,11 @@@ int qaic_attach_slice_bo_ioctl(struct d
  	if (args->hdr.dir == DMA_TO_DEVICE)
  		dma_sync_sgtable_for_cpu(&qdev->pdev->dev, bo->sgt, args->hdr.dir);
  
- 	bo->dbc = dbc;
+ 	bo->sliced = true;
+ 	list_add_tail(&bo->bo_list, &bo->dbc->bo_lists);
  	srcu_read_unlock(&dbc->ch_lock, rcu_id);
- 	drm_gem_object_put(obj);
+ 	mutex_unlock(&bo->lock);
 +	kfree(slice_ent);
  	srcu_read_unlock(&qdev->dev_lock, qdev_rcu_id);
  	srcu_read_unlock(&usr->qddev_lock, usr_rcu_id);