Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the vfs-brauner tree with the overlayfs tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2023 16:07:45 +1000

Hi Amir,

On Tue, 26 Sep 2023 08:09:51 +0300 Amir Goldstein <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> At this opportunity, I would like to ask you to add branch ovl-fixes
> from ssh://gitolite.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/overlayfs/vfs.git
> to linux-next, because I will need to send some ovl fixes for 6.6 in
> the near future.

Added from tomorrow.

Thanks for adding your subsystem tree as a participant of linux-next.  As
you may know, this is not a judgement of your code.  The purpose of
linux-next is for integration testing and to lower the impact of
conflicts between subsystems in the next merge window. 

You will need to ensure that the patches/commits in your tree/series have
been:
     * submitted under GPL v2 (or later) and include the Contributor's
        Signed-off-by,
     * posted to the relevant mailing list,
     * reviewed by you (or another maintainer of your subsystem tree),
     * successfully unit tested, and 
     * destined for the current or next Linux merge window.

Basically, this should be just what you would send to Linus (or ask him
to fetch).  It is allowed to be rebased if you deem it necessary.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell 
[email-masked]

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell