Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the vfs-brauner tree with the mm tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2023 10:25:04 +1000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the vfs-brauner tree got a conflict in:

  fs/xfs/xfs_buf.c

between commit:

  5c7b459f9f1d ("xfs: dynamically allocate the xfs-buf shrinker")

from the mm tree and commit:

  176ccb99e207 ("xfs: Convert to bdev_open_by_path()")

from the vfs-brauner tree.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

diff --cc fs/xfs/xfs_buf.c
index 9e7ba04572db,003e157241da..000000000000
--- a/fs/xfs/xfs_buf.c
+++ b/fs/xfs/xfs_buf.c
@@@ -1943,9 -1945,7 +1943,7 @@@ voi
  xfs_free_buftarg(
  	struct xfs_buftarg	*btp)
  {
- 	struct block_device	*bdev = btp->bt_bdev;
- 
 -	unregister_shrinker(&btp->bt_shrinker);
 +	shrinker_free(btp->bt_shrinker);
  	ASSERT(percpu_counter_sum(&btp->bt_io_count) == 0);
  	percpu_counter_destroy(&btp->bt_io_count);
  	list_lru_destroy(&btp->bt_lru);