Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the vfs-brauner tree with the btrfs tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2023 10:48:40 +1100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the vfs-brauner tree got lots of conflicts
against the btrfs tree.  This is because the vfs-braunter tree has merged
a previous version of the btrfs tree and now the btrfs tree has rebased
and changed several commits.

You cannot merge another tree in linux-next unless the otehr tree is
guaranteed not to rebase (or have commits rewritten in it).

The following commits are duplicates between the two trees (same patch
but different commit) and there are also some that are slightly different
patches:

  00e27794611a ("btrfs: qgroup: use qgroup_iterator to replace tmp ulist in qgroup_update_refcnt()")
  0170b5c5e607 ("btrfs: reduce size of prelim_ref::level")
  01c41e751fcb ("btrfs: call btrfs_close_devices from ->kill_sb")
  025e4dc521e1 ("btrfs: remove refs_to_drop argument from __btrfs_free_extent()")
  0266c8c65c81 ("btrfs: use a single variable for return value at lookup_inline_extent_backref()")
  096833591c4b ("btrfs: qgroup: iterate qgroups without memory allocation for qgroup_reserve()")
  0bd5b51b99fa ("btrfs: always open the device read-only in btrfs_scan_one_device")
  0c516db11952 ("btrfs: remove redundant root argument from btrfs_update_inode_item()")
  0c612f9e77cc ("btrfs: stop doing excessive space reservation for csum deletion")
  0d9436739af2 ("btrfs: scan but don't register device on single device filesystem")
  0e3380da547b ("btrfs: don't arbitrarily slow down delalloc if we're committing")
  1172a0c18f3b ("btrfs: remove pointless initialization at btrfs_delayed_refs_rsv_release()")
  1488ae026122 ("btrfs: sysfs: add simple_quota incompat feature entry")
  18030a255de2 ("btrfs: move extent_buffer::lock_owner to debug section")
  1a5bda4c5bac ("btrfs: relocation: use more natural types for tree_block bitfields")
  1e4f604b274f ("btrfs: return -EUCLEAN if extent item is missing when searching inline backref")
  1fbf413f4346 ("btrfs: use a single variable for return value at run_delayed_extent_op()")
  206536cd2851 ("btrfs: reject devices with CHANGING_FSID_V2")
  2263c3dadd27 ("btrfs: remove redundant root argument from btrfs_update_inode()")
  23030f1872bd ("btrfs: map uncontinuous extent buffer pages into virtual address space")
  244c627c729d ("btrfs: move btrfs_extref_hash into inode-item.h")
  254cedfd09da ("btrfs: remove stale comment from btrfs_free_extent()")
  256a88a21f59 ("btrfs: mark transaction id check as unlikely at btrfs_mark_buffer_dirty()")
  25ec25120282 ("btrfs: zoned: factor out single bg handling from btrfs_load_block_group_zone_info")
  28a4901d0247 ("btrfs: comment about fsid and metadata_uuid relationship")
  2c5a947f8f7a ("btrfs: tree-checker: add support for raid stripe tree")
  2fe808177f98 ("btrfs: qgroup: use qgroup_iterator in __qgroup_excl_accounting()")
  37282c19f15b ("btrfs: relocation: switch bitfields to bool in reloc_control")
  37adfa983dde ("btrfs: qgroup: use qgroup_iterator in qgroup_convert_meta()")
  39e02b54f663 ("btrfs: qgroup: remove unused helpers for ulist aux data")
  3a2ccead18f6 ("btrfs: check-integrity: remove CONFIG_BTRFS_FS_CHECK_INTEGRITY option")
  3cf06838fab9 ("btrfs: remove pointless 'ref_root' variable from run_delayed_data_ref()")
  3dbaabf131ab ("btrfs: sysfs: expose quota mode via sysfs")
  401f89cc5c1e ("btrfs: reduce parameters of btrfs_pin_reserved_extent")
  4146050f0535 ("btrfs: utilize the physically/virtually continuous extent buffer memory")
  41dd41a59eef ("btrfs: split btrfs_fs_devices.opened")
  41f394848b0c ("btrfs: qgroup: introduce quota mode")
  44d518b3a2f3 ("btrfs: rename tree_ref and data_ref owning_root")
  44ef1e5b86ea ("btrfs: record simple quota deltas in delayed refs")
  4b58a2dbb970 ("btrfs: add raid stripe tree to features enabled with debug config")
  55f696fe8f18 ("btrfs: track original extent owner in head_ref")
  58d8cff02f7c ("btrfs: relocation: open code mapping_tree_init")
  5d2c6a3f6a5a ("btrfs: track data relocation with simple quota")
  5f5ff8f0d9ce ("btrfs: remove redundant root argument from maybe_insert_hole()")
  6261fa6c858f ("btrfs: reduce size of struct btrfs_ref")
  655df68dc47d ("btrfs: scrub: implement raid stripe tree support")
  667904274890 ("btrfs: qgroup: prealloc btrfs_qgroup_list for __add_relation_rb()")
  686b6a24fc74 ("btrfs: make extent_io_tree_release() more efficient")
  7181df86dc94 ("btrfs: check-integrity: remove btrfsic_unmount() function")
  775b26e4ccaa ("btrfs: remove redundant root argument from btrfs_delayed_update_inode()")
  78b5f8cf81a6 ("btrfs: make sure we cache next state in find_first_extent_bit()")
  7913ec811cb3 ("btrfs: reformat remaining kdoc style comments")
  7a2841ae12d7 ("btrfs: qgroup: track metadata relocation COW with simple quota")
  7b2f8e075d2b ("btrfs: tracepoints: add events for raid stripe tree")
  7ba59aa76414 ("btrfs: zoned: factor out DUP bg handling from btrfs_load_block_group_zone_info")
  7d2d132d7377 ("btrfs: qgroup: pre-allocate btrfs_qgroup to reduce GFP_ATOMIC usage")
  7e4ea691953d ("btrfs: add btrfs_delayed_ref_head declaration to extent-tree.h")
  81652d9abb4c ("btrfs: sipmlify uuid parameters of alloc_fs_devices()")
  847de878cd77 ("btrfs: create qgroup earlier in snapshot creation")
  8764e2b05fa2 ("btrfs: update comment for reservation of metadata space for delayed items")
  88303e09efeb ("btrfs: qgroup: add new quota mode for simple quotas")
  88d6b34c273b ("btrfs: add fscrypt related dependencies to respective headers")
  89a134e82379 ("btrfs: drop __must_check annotations")
  8c4c87fee0cb ("btrfs: initialize key where it's used when running delayed data ref")
  8c8c0668bc06 ("btrfs: remove redundant root argument from btrfs_update_inode_fallback()")
  8dbfbc8212b6 ("btrfs: remove unnecessary logic when running new delayed references")
  8f46ee177f9e ("btrfs: qgroup: only set QUOTA_ENABLED when done reading qgroups")
  8fccdeee3260 ("btrfs: use btrfs_crit at btrfs_mark_buffer_dirty()")
  90911b16854e ("btrfs: update stale comment at extent_io_tree_release()")
  974ea1e1dced ("btrfs: include linux/iomap.h in file.c")
  9823506bbabc ("btrfs: collapse wait_on_state() to its caller wait_extent_bit()")
  99fea7429097 ("btrfs: relocation: use enum for stages")
  9a8264cbc207 ("btrfs: remove refs_to_add argument from __btrfs_inc_extent_ref()")
  9af116141f5e ("btrfs: check-integrity: remove btrfsic_check_bio() function")
  a13fc1494581 ("btrfs: relocation: constify parameters where possible")
  a51d5aa50249 ("btrfs: move btrfs_defrag_root() to defrag.{c,h}")
  a5526bfa5317 ("btrfs: reserve space for delayed refs on a per ref basis")
  aa1cbbaaceb4 ("btrfs: add helper for inline owner ref lookup")
  adcbff903c0a ("btrfs: new inline ref storing owning subvol of data extents")
  ae3c53e03eaf ("btrfs: qgroup: check generation when recording simple quota delta")
  af2851c7e85c ("btrfs: qgroup: use qgroup_iterator in btrfs_qgroup_free_refroot()")
  b07a0f7efc15 ("btrfs: pass a space_info argument to btrfs_reserve_metadata_bytes()")
  b10a83023f61 ("btrfs: remove the refcount warning/check at btrfs_put_delayed_ref()")
  b1668d4289b5 ("btrfs: remove pointless loop from btrfs_update_block_group()")
  b17b48262238 ("btrfs: include linux/security.h in super.c")
  b464b68ffa11 ("btrfs: simplify check for extent item overrun at lookup_inline_extent_backref()")
  b4a664ad7058 ("btrfs: move btrfs_name_hash to dir-item.h")
  ba41e3f24f38 ("btrfs: zoned: introduce a zone_info struct in btrfs_load_block_group_zone_info")
  ba76f99bc974 ("btrfs: reduce parameters of btrfs_pin_extent_for_log_replay")
  bd07fb48543d ("btrfs: remove useless comment from btrfs_pin_extent_for_log_replay()")
  bd2397cfa662 ("btrfs: zoned: factor out per-zone logic from btrfs_load_block_group_zone_info")
  be4ccd3db6ad ("btrfs: remove redundant root argument from fixup_inode_link_count()")
  bf7009433d2c ("btrfs: move btrfs_crc32c_final into free-space-cache.c")
  c20943e2cfda ("btrfs: include trace header in where necessary")
  c43c08fdc78e ("btrfs: reduce size and reorder compression members in struct btrfs_inode")
  c461ca14b76e ("btrfs: remove incomplete metadata_uuid conversion fixup logic")
  c51cdcd1ba63 ("btrfs: make wait_extent_bit() static")
  c703dc4d72a6 ("btrfs: move functions comments from qgroup.h to qgroup.c")
  d056274031e5 ("btrfs: simplify error check condition at btrfs_dirty_inode()")
  d08ef7486357 ("btrfs: do not require EXTENT_NOWAIT for btrfs_redirty_list_add()")
  d1432a9acc60 ("btrfs: include asm/unaligned.h in accessors.h")
  d387ae42784d ("btrfs: remove noinline from btrfs_update_inode()")
  d6540ef346d1 ("btrfs: make extent state merges more efficient during insertions")
  d74100792148 ("btrfs: track owning root in btrfs_ref")
  d8897d7d197e ("btrfs: check-integrity: remove btrfsic_mount() function")
  da64d31c6820 ("btrfs: remove the need_raid_map parameter from btrfs_map_block()")
  da9b993b494f ("btrfs: add helper for recording simple quota deltas")
  dd20d5749497 ("btrfs: remove btrfs_crc32c wrapper")
  dd3800cf0f2b ("btrfs: zoned: support RAID0/1/10 on top of raid stripe tree")
  dd99b78be273 ("btrfs: open block devices after superblock creation")
  de2aa50f1af4 ("btrfs: abort transaction on generation mismatch when marking eb as dirty")
  e0a95452557f ("btrfs: read raid stripe tree from disk")
  e52ee3a64a18 ("btrfs: warn on tree blocks which are not nodesize aligned")
  e6aece34f28c ("btrfs: remove pointless memory barrier from extent_io_tree_release()")
  e79beb802f47 ("btrfs: qgroup: use qgroup_iterator_nested to in qgroup_update_refcnt()")
  e9ff4ac68dd9 ("btrfs: always reserve space for delayed refs when starting transaction")
  ed8c68fb0cad ("btrfs: sysfs: announce presence of raid-stripe-tree")
  f25fab65bfff ("btrfs: qgroup: simple quota auto hierarchy for nested subvolumes")
  f359f7ce2037 ("btrfs: relocation: return bool from btrfs_should_ignore_reloc_root")
  f4164e6df0d7 ("btrfs: use the super_block as holder when mounting file systems")
  f47602f7605d ("btrfs: allow to run delayed refs by bytes to be released instead of count")
  f4e65ababe47 ("btrfs: use extent_io_tree_release() to empty dirty log pages")
  f8fdb685b8d9 ("btrfs: switch btrfs_backref_cache::is_reloc to bool")
  f92547da557f ("btrfs: merge ordered work callbacks in btrfs_work into one")
  fa5cf2ac4d06 ("btrfs: reduce arguments of helpers space accounting root item")
  fdd5252afbc3 ("btrfs: remove extraneous includes from ctree.h")

I have dropped the vfs-brauner tree for today as there is no way I can
sort them out in a reasonable time.  Please sort this out between
yourselves.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell