Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the tip tree with the asm-generic tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 13:44:42 +1100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the tip tree got a conflict in:

  arch/ia64/include/asm/cpu.h
  arch/ia64/kernel/topology.c

between commit:

  cf8e8658100d ("arch: Remove Itanium (IA-64) architecture")

from the asm-generic tree and commit:

  c4dd854f740c ("cpu-hotplug: Provide prototypes for arch CPU registration")

from the tip tree.

I fixed it up (I deleted the files) and can carry the fix as
necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any
non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer
when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider
cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any
particularly complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell