Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the gpio-brgl tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2023 15:14:17 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the gpio-brgl tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) failed like this:

drivers/hte/hte-tegra194.c: In function 'tegra_hte_line_xlate':
drivers/hte/hte-tegra194.c:424:48: error: implicit declaration of function 'gpio_device_get_base'; did you mean 'gpio_device_get_desc'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
  424 |                 line_id = desc->attr.line_id - gpio_device_get_base(gs->gdev);
      |                                                ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      |                                                gpio_device_get_desc
drivers/hte/hte-tegra194.c: In function 'tegra_hte_match_from_linedata':
drivers/hte/hte-tegra194.c:652:33: error: implicit declaration of function 'gpiod_to_device'; did you mean 'gpio_to_desc'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
  652 |                                 gpiod_to_device(hdesc->attr.line_data);
      |                                 ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      |                                 gpio_to_desc
drivers/hte/hte-tegra194.c:652:33: error: initialization of 'struct gpio_device *' from 'int' makes pointer from integer without a cast [-Werror=int-conversion]
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors

Caused by commit

  ebee532ff34b ("hte: tegra194: don't access struct gpio_chip")

(Exposed by commit

  63137bee5a7a ("hte: allow building modules with COMPILE_TEST enabled")

from the hte tree.)

I have used the gpio-brgl tree from next-20231012 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell