Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the tip tree with Linus' tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2023 12:38:50 +1100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the tip tree got a conflict in:

  arch/x86/kernel/smpboot.c

between commit:

  fbe1bf1e5ff1 ("Revert "x86/smp: Put CPUs into INIT on shutdown if possible"")

from Linus' tree and commit:

  8aa2a4178dc5 ("x86/apic: Use u32 for cpu_present_to_apicid()")

from the tip tree.

I fixed it up (I just used the former which removed the function updated
by the latter) and can carry the fix as necessary. This is now fixed as
far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial conflicts should be
mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree is submitted for
merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating with the maintainer
of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell