Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the tty tree with the asm-generic tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2023 14:43:27 +1100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the tty tree got conflicts in:

  arch/ia64/kernel/setup.c
  drivers/firmware/pcdp.c

between commit:

  cf8e8658100d ("arch: Remove Itanium (IA-64) architecture")

from the asm-generic tree and commits:

  8a736ddfc861 ("vgacon: rework screen_info #ifdef checks")
  acfc78823326 ("vgacon: remove screen_info dependency")
  555624c0d10b ("vgacon: clean up global screen_info instances")

from the tty tree.

I fixed it up (I deleted the files) and can carry the fix as
necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any
non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer
when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider
cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any
particularly complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell