Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the pci tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2023 16:14:25 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the pci tree, today's linux-next build (arm64 defconfig)
failed like this:

In file included from <command-line>:
drivers/pci/controller/dwc/pcie-tegra194.c: In function 'tegra_pcie_ep_irq_thread':
include/linux/compiler_types.h:435:45: error: call to '__compiletime_assert_497' declared with attribute error: FIELD_PREP: value too large for the field
  435 |         _compiletime_assert(condition, msg, __compiletime_assert_, __COUNTER__)
      |                                             ^
include/linux/compiler_types.h:416:25: note: in definition of macro '__compiletime_assert'
  416 |                         prefix ## suffix();                             \
      |                         ^~~~~~
include/linux/compiler_types.h:435:9: note: in expansion of macro '_compiletime_assert'
  435 |         _compiletime_assert(condition, msg, __compiletime_assert_, __COUNTER__)
      |         ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
include/linux/build_bug.h:39:37: note: in expansion of macro 'compiletime_assert'
   39 | #define BUILD_BUG_ON_MSG(cond, msg) compiletime_assert(!(cond), msg)
      |                                     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
include/linux/bitfield.h:68:17: note: in expansion of macro 'BUILD_BUG_ON_MSG'
   68 |                 BUILD_BUG_ON_MSG(__builtin_constant_p(_val) ?           \
      |                 ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
include/linux/bitfield.h:114:17: note: in expansion of macro '__BF_FIELD_CHECK'
  114 |                 __BF_FIELD_CHECK(_mask, 0ULL, _val, "FIELD_PREP: ");    \
      |                 ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/pci/controller/dwc/pcie-tegra194.c:498:29: note: in expansion of macro 'FIELD_PREP'
  498 |                 val = 110 | FIELD_PREP(PCI_LTR_SCALE_SHIFT, 2) | LTR_MSG_REQ;
      |                             ^~~~~~~~~~

Caused by commit

  18ca6c2c2d0e ("PCI: dwc: Use FIELD_GET/PREP()")

I have reverted that commit for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell