Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the iommufd tree with the iommu tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2023 15:34:55 +1100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the iommufd tree got a conflict in:

  drivers/iommu/intel/pasid.c

between commit:

  c61c255e114c ("iommu/vt-d: Remove unused function")

from the iommu tree and commits:

  f35f22cc760e ("iommu/vt-d: Access/Dirty bit support for SS domains")
  cbf8b441ea08 ("iommu/vt-d: Add helper to setup pasid nested translation")

from the iommufd tree.

I fixed it up (the latter added a use of the function removed by
the former, so I just used the latter) and can carry the fix as
necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any
non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer
when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider
cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any
particularly complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell