Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the kspp-gustavo tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2023 13:19:03 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the kspp-gustavo tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
pseries_le_defconfig) failed like this:

arch/powerpc/crypto/aes-gcm-p10-glue.c: In function 'gcmp10_init':
arch/powerpc/crypto/aes-gcm-p10-glue.c:120:9: error: 'gcm_init_htable' accessing 256 bytes in a region of size 224 [-Werror=stringop-overflow=]
  120 |         gcm_init_htable(hash->Htable+32, hash->H);
      |         ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
arch/powerpc/crypto/aes-gcm-p10-glue.c:120:9: note: referencing argument 1 of type 'unsigned char[256]'
arch/powerpc/crypto/aes-gcm-p10-glue.c:120:9: note: referencing argument 2 of type 'unsigned char[16]'
arch/powerpc/crypto/aes-gcm-p10-glue.c:40:17: note: in a call to function 'gcm_init_htable'
   40 | asmlinkage void gcm_init_htable(unsigned char htable[256], unsigned char Xi[16]);
      |                 ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors

Caused by commit

  167820dd258d ("Makefile: Enable -Wstringop-overflow globally")

I have used the kspp-gustavo tree from next-20231120 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell