Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the pm tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2023 13:46:55 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the pm tree, today's linux-next build (i386 defconfig)
failed like this:

In file included from drivers/acpi/mipi-disco-img.c:21:
drivers/acpi/mipi-disco-img.c: In function 'init_csi2_port':
drivers/acpi/mipi-disco-img.c:536:42: error: format '%lu' expects argument of type 'long unsigned int', but argument 4 has type 'unsigned int' [-Werror=format=]
  536 |                 acpi_handle_info(handle, "Too few lane polarity bytes (%lu vs. %d)\n",
      |                                          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
include/linux/acpi.h:1199:47: note: in definition of macro 'acpi_handle_info'
 1199 |         acpi_handle_printk(KERN_INFO, handle, fmt, ##__VA_ARGS__)
      |                                               ^~~
drivers/acpi/mipi-disco-img.c:536:74: note: format string is defined here
  536 |                 acpi_handle_info(handle, "Too few lane polarity bytes (%lu vs. %d)\n",
      |                                                                        ~~^
      |                                                                          |
      |                                                                          long unsigned int
      |                                                                        %u
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors

Caused by commit

  a6cb0a611273 ("ACPI: scan: Extract MIPI DisCo for Imaging data into swnodes")

I have reverted that commit (and the following two) for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell