Subject: linux-next: build warning after merge of the kspp-gustavo tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2023 09:50:09 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the kspp-gustavo tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) produced this warning:

In function 'aspeed_create_fan_tach_channel',
    inlined from 'aspeed_create_fan' at drivers/hwmon/aspeed-pwm-tacho.c:877:2,
    inlined from 'aspeed_pwm_tacho_probe' at drivers/hwmon/aspeed-pwm-tacho.c:936:9:
drivers/hwmon/aspeed-pwm-tacho.c:751:49: warning: writing 1 byte into a region of size 0 [-Wstringop-overflow=]
  751 |                 priv->fan_tach_ch_source[index] = pwm_source;
      |                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/hwmon/aspeed-pwm-tacho.c: In function 'aspeed_pwm_tacho_probe':
drivers/hwmon/aspeed-pwm-tacho.c:193:12: note: at offset [48, 255] into destination object 'fan_tach_ch_source' of size 16
  193 |         u8 fan_tach_ch_source[16];
      |            ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Exposed by commit

  1b56c90018f0 ("Makefile: Enable -Wstringop-overflow globally")

This is with your tree on top of Linus' tree (and some fix patches but
nothing that obviously touches anything relevent) and CONFIG_WERROR
not set.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell