Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the tty tree with the powerpc tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2023 11:49:04 +1100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the tty tree got a conflict in:

  drivers/tty/hvc/hvc_console.h

between commit:

  c9e38dc90e1c ("tty: hvc: Make hvc_remove() return no value")

from the powerpc tree and commit:

  7f30c19caf94 ("tty: hvc: Make hvc_remove() return no value")

from the tty tree.

These are slightly different versions of the same patch.

I fixed it up (I used the former version (removed "extern" from a function
declaration)) and can carry the fix as necessary. This is now fixed as
far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial conflicts should be
mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree is submitted for
merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating with the maintainer
of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell