Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the slab tree with the mm tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2023 12:29:02 +1100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the slab tree got a conflict in:

  mm/kasan/quarantine.c

between commit:

  f644ee35cf5b ("kasan: use stack_depot_put for Generic mode")

from the mm tree and commit:

  40a038d5fc11 ("KASAN: remove code paths guarded by CONFIG_SLAB")

from the slab tree.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

diff --cc mm/kasan/quarantine.c
index 265ca2bbe2dd,138c57b836f2..000000000000
--- a/mm/kasan/quarantine.c
+++ b/mm/kasan/quarantine.c
@@@ -143,22 -143,7 +143,21 @@@ static void *qlink_to_object(struct qli
  static void qlink_free(struct qlist_node *qlink, struct kmem_cache *cache)
  {
  	void *object = qlink_to_object(qlink, cache);
 -	struct kasan_free_meta *meta = kasan_get_free_meta(cache, object);
 +	struct kasan_alloc_meta *alloc_meta = kasan_get_alloc_meta(cache, object);
 +	struct kasan_free_meta *free_meta = kasan_get_free_meta(cache, object);
- 	unsigned long flags;
 +
 +	if (alloc_meta) {
 +		stack_depot_put(alloc_meta->alloc_track.stack);
 +		stack_depot_put(alloc_meta->aux_stack[0]);
 +		stack_depot_put(alloc_meta->aux_stack[1]);
 +		__memset(alloc_meta, 0, sizeof(*alloc_meta));
 +	}
 +
 +	if (free_meta &&
 +	    *(u8 *)kasan_mem_to_shadow(object) == KASAN_SLAB_FREETRACK) {
 +		stack_depot_put(free_meta->free_track.stack);
 +		free_meta->free_track.stack = 0;
 +	}
  
  	/*
  	 * If init_on_free is enabled and KASAN's free metadata is stored in