Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the qcom tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2023 10:30:08 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the qcom tree, today's linux-next build (arm
multi_v7_defconfig) failed like this:

In file included from arch/arm/boot/dts/qcom/qcom-msm8226-microsoft-dempsey.dts:11:
arch/arm/boot/dts/qcom/qcom-msm8226-microsoft-common.dtsi:12:10: fatal error: qcom-pm8226.dtsi: No such file or directory
   12 | #include "qcom-pm8226.dtsi"
      |          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from arch/arm/boot/dts/qcom/qcom-msm8926-microsoft-superman-lte.dts:11:
arch/arm/boot/dts/qcom/qcom-msm8226-microsoft-common.dtsi:12:10: fatal error: qcom-pm8226.dtsi: No such file or directory
   12 | #include "qcom-pm8226.dtsi"
      |          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
arch/arm/boot/dts/qcom/qcom-msm8926-htc-memul.dts:9:10: fatal error: qcom-pm8226.dtsi: No such file or directory
    9 | #include "qcom-pm8226.dtsi"
      |          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from arch/arm/boot/dts/qcom/qcom-msm8226-microsoft-makepeace.dts:11:
arch/arm/boot/dts/qcom/qcom-msm8226-microsoft-common.dtsi:12:10: fatal error: qcom-pm8226.dtsi: No such file or directory
   12 | #include "qcom-pm8226.dtsi"
      |          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from arch/arm/boot/dts/qcom/qcom-msm8226-microsoft-moneypenny.dts:11:
arch/arm/boot/dts/qcom/qcom-msm8226-microsoft-common.dtsi:12:10: fatal error: qcom-pm8226.dtsi: No such file or directory
   12 | #include "qcom-pm8226.dtsi"
      |          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from arch/arm/boot/dts/qcom/qcom-msm8926-microsoft-tesla.dts:11:
arch/arm/boot/dts/qcom/qcom-msm8226-microsoft-common.dtsi:12:10: fatal error: qcom-pm8226.dtsi: No such file or directory
   12 | #include "qcom-pm8226.dtsi"
      |          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Caused by commit

  455a4c46e023 ("ARM: dts: qcom: strip prefix from PMIC files")

interacting with commits

  244281556a11 ("ARM: dts: qcom: add common dt for MSM8x26 Lumias along with Nokia Lumia 630")

from the arm-soc tree.

Since I have reverted the gcom tree for another build failure today,
I will fix this up tomorrow.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell