Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the drivers-x86 tree with the hwmon-staging tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2023 13:22:52 +1100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the drivers-x86 tree got a conflict in:

  drivers/platform/x86/wmi.c

between commit:

  9ad55f14cc30 ("hwmon: (dell-smm) Add support for WMI SMM interface")

from the hwmon-staging tree and commits:

  75c487fcb69c ("platform/x86: intel-wmi-sbl-fw-update: Use bus-based WMI interface")
  2340f12023ef ("platform/x86/intel/wmi: thunderbolt: Use bus-based WMI interface")

from the drivers-x86 tree.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

diff --cc drivers/platform/x86/wmi.c
index d68a96a2c570,cb7e74f2b009..000000000000
--- a/drivers/platform/x86/wmi.c
+++ b/drivers/platform/x86/wmi.c
@@@ -106,7 -106,8 +106,9 @@@ MODULE_DEVICE_TABLE(acpi, wmi_device_id
  static const char * const allow_duplicates[] = {
  	"05901221-D566-11D1-B2F0-00A0C9062910",	/* wmi-bmof */
  	"8A42EA14-4F2A-FD45-6422-0087F7A7E608",	/* dell-wmi-ddv */
 +	"F1DDEE52-063C-4784-A11E-8A06684B9B01",	/* dell-smm-hwmon */
+ 	"44FADEB1-B204-40F2-8581-394BBDC1B651",	/* intel-wmi-sbl-fw-update */
+ 	"86CCFD48-205E-4A77-9C48-2021CBEDE341",	/* intel-wmi-thunderbolt */
  	NULL
  };