Subject: [PATCH 1/5] loongarch, kexec: change dependency of object files

From: Baoquan He <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2023 15:30:32 +0800

Currently, in arch/loongarch/kernel/Makefile, building machine_kexec.o
relocate_kernel.o depends on CONFIG_KEXEC.

Whereas, since we will drop the select of KEXEC for CRASH_DUMP in
kernel/Kconfig.kexec, compiling error will be triggered if below config
items are set:

===
CONFIG_CRASH_CORE=y
CONFIG_KEXEC_CORE=y
CONFIG_CRASH_DUMP=y
===

---------------------------------------------------------------
loongarch64-linux-ld: kernel/kexec_core.o: in function `.L209':
>> kexec_core.c:(.text+0x1660): undefined reference to `machine_kexec_cleanup'
   loongarch64-linux-ld: kernel/kexec_core.o: in function `.L287':
>> kexec_core.c:(.text+0x1c5c): undefined reference to `machine_crash_shutdown'
>> loongarch64-linux-ld: kexec_core.c:(.text+0x1c64): undefined reference to `machine_kexec'
   loongarch64-linux-ld: kernel/kexec_core.o: in function `.L2^B5':
>> kexec_core.c:(.text+0x2090): undefined reference to `machine_shutdown'
   loongarch64-linux-ld: kexec_core.c:(.text+0x20a0): undefined reference to `machine_kexec'
---------------------------------------------------------------

Here, changing the dependency of machine_kexec.o relocate_kernel.o to
CONFIG_KEXEC_CORE can fix above building error.

Reported-by: kernel test robot <[email-masked]>
Closes: https://lore.kernel.org/oe-kbuild-all/[email-masked]/
Signed-off-by: Baoquan He <[email-masked]>
---
 arch/loongarch/kernel/Makefile | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/arch/loongarch/kernel/Makefile b/arch/loongarch/kernel/Makefile
index 4fcc168f0732..3c808c680370 100644
--- a/arch/loongarch/kernel/Makefile
+++ b/arch/loongarch/kernel/Makefile
@@ -57,7 +57,7 @@ obj-$(CONFIG_MAGIC_SYSRQ)	+= sysrq.o
 
 obj-$(CONFIG_RELOCATABLE)	+= relocate.o
 
-obj-$(CONFIG_KEXEC)		+= machine_kexec.o relocate_kernel.o
+obj-$(CONFIG_KEXEC_CORE)	+= machine_kexec.o relocate_kernel.o
 obj-$(CONFIG_CRASH_DUMP)	+= crash_dump.o
 
 obj-$(CONFIG_UNWINDER_GUESS)	+= unwind_guess.o
-- 
2.41.0