Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the kvm-riscv tree with the rcu tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2024 13:00:03 +1100

Hi all,

FIXME: Add owner of second tree to To:
       Add author(s)/SOB of conflicting commits.

Today's linux-next merge of the kvm-riscv tree got a conflict in:

  Documentation/admin-guide/kernel-parameters.txt

between commit:

  801f246637ed ("doc: Add EARLY flag to early-parsed kernel boot parameters")

from the rcu tree and commit:

  323925ed6dbb ("RISC-V: paravirt: Add skeleton for pv-time support")

from the kvm-riscv tree.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

diff --cc Documentation/admin-guide/kernel-parameters.txt
index cfeea158a4c6,a0d9259e4857..000000000000
--- a/Documentation/admin-guide/kernel-parameters.txt
+++ b/Documentation/admin-guide/kernel-parameters.txt
@@@ -4000,15 -3980,14 +4000,15 @@@
  			(bounds check bypass). With this option data leaks are
  			possible in the system.
  
 -	nospectre_v2	[X86,PPC_E500,ARM64] Disable all mitigations for
 -			the Spectre variant 2 (indirect branch prediction)
 -			vulnerability. System may allow data leaks with this
 -			option.
 +	nospectre_v2	[X86,PPC_E500,ARM64,EARLY] Disable all mitigations
 +			for the Spectre variant 2 (indirect branch
 +			prediction) vulnerability. System may allow data
 +			leaks with this option.
  
- 	no-steal-acc	[X86,PV_OPS,ARM64,PPC/PSERIES,EARLY] Disable
 -	no-steal-acc	[X86,PV_OPS,ARM64,PPC/PSERIES,RISCV] Disable
 -			paravirtualized steal time accounting. steal time is
 -			computed, but won't influence scheduler behaviour
++	no-steal-acc	[X86,PV_OPS,ARM64,PPC/PSERIES,RISCV,EARLY] Disable
 +			paravirtualized steal time accounting. steal
 +			time is computed, but won't influence scheduler
 +			behaviour
  
  	nosync		[HW,M68K] Disables sync negotiation for all devices.