Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the ftrace tree with the vfs tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2024 12:49:22 +1100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the ftrace tree got a conflict in:

  fs/tracefs/inode.c

between commit:

  da549bdd15c2 ("dentry: switch the lists of children to hlist")

from the vfs tree and commit:

  8186fff7ab64 ("tracefs/eventfs: Use root and instance inodes as default ownership")

from the ftrace tree.

I fixed it up (the latter removed the code modified by the former, so
I just did that) and can carry the fix as necessary. This is now fixed
as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial conflicts should
be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree is submitted for
merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating with the maintainer
of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell