Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the btrfs tree with Linus' tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2024 10:03:37 +1100

Hi all,

FIXME: Add owner of second tree to To:
       Add author(s)/SOB of conflicting commits.

Today's linux-next merge of the btrfs tree got a conflict in:

  fs/btrfs/extent_io.c

between commits:

  affc5af36bbb ("Merge tag 'for-6.8-tag' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/kdave/linux")
  600f111ef51d ("fs: Rename mapping private members")

from Linus' tree and commit:

  08236d11031b ("btrfs: cache folio size and shift in extent_buffer")

from the btrfs tree.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

diff --cc fs/btrfs/extent_io.c
index cfd2967f04a2,c8aabe3be169..000000000000
--- a/fs/btrfs/extent_io.c
+++ b/fs/btrfs/extent_io.c
@@@ -3677,7 -3668,9 +3668,9 @@@ reallocate
  		 * and free the allocated page.
  		 */
  		folio = eb->folios[i];
+ 		eb->folio_size = folio_size(folio);
+ 		eb->folio_shift = folio_shift(folio);
 -		spin_lock(&mapping->private_lock);
 +		spin_lock(&mapping->i_private_lock);
  		/* Should not fail, as we have preallocated the memory */
  		ret = attach_extent_buffer_folio(eb, folio, prealloc);
  		ASSERT(!ret);