Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the rcu tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2024 15:17:43 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the rcu tree, today's linux-next build (i386 defconfig)
failed like this:

In file included from include/linux/dev_printk.h:14,
                 from include/linux/device.h:15,
                 from kernel/time/clocksource.c:10:
kernel/time/clocksource.c: In function 'clocksource_watchdog':
kernel/time/clocksource.c:103:34: error: integer overflow in expression of type 'long int' results in '-1619276800' [-Werror=overflow]
  103 |                                  * NSEC_PER_SEC / HZ)
      |                                  ^
include/linux/compiler.h:77:45: note: in definition of macro 'unlikely'
   77 | # define unlikely(x)    __builtin_expect(!!(x), 0)
      |                                             ^
kernel/time/clocksource.c:486:41: note: in expansion of macro 'WATCHDOG_INTR_MAX_NS'
  486 |                 if (unlikely(interval > WATCHDOG_INTR_MAX_NS)) {
      |                                         ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors

Caused by commit

  1a4545025600 ("clocksource: Skip watchdog check for large watchdog intervals")

I have used the rcu tree from next-20240123 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell