Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the tip tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2024 12:22:22 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the tip tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64 allmodconfig)
failed like this:

In file included from include/linux/compiler_types.h:89,
                 from <command-line>:
kernel/irq/irq_sim.c: In function 'irq_domain_create_sim':
include/linux/compiler_attributes.h:76:41: error: expected expression before '__attribute__'
   76 | #define __cleanup(func)                 __attribute__((__cleanup__(func)))
      |                                         ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
include/linux/cleanup.h:64:25: note: in expansion of macro '__cleanup'
   64 | #define __free(_name)   __cleanup(__free_##_name)
      |                         ^~~~~~~~~
kernel/irq/irq_sim.c:173:19: note: in expansion of macro '__free'
  173 |         pending = __free(bitmap) = bitmap_zalloc(num_irqs, GFP_KERNEL);
      |                   ^~~~~~

Caused by commit

  590610d72a79 ("genirq/irq_sim: Shrink code by using cleanup helpers")

I have used the tip tree from next-20240125 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell