Subject: linux-next: build warnings after merge of the block tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2024 13:10:50 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the block tree, today's linux-next build (arm
multi_v7_defconfig) produced these warnings:

In file included from /home/sfr/next/next/include/linux/bits.h:6,
                 from /home/sfr/next/next/include/linux/bitops.h:6,
                 from /home/sfr/next/next/include/linux/kernel.h:23,
                 from /home/sfr/next/next/io_uring/nop.c:2:
/home/sfr/next/next/include/vdso/bits.h:7:40: warning: left shift count >= width of type [-Wshift-count-overflow]
    7 | #define BIT(nr)                 (UL(1) << (nr))
      |                                        ^~
/home/sfr/next/next/include/linux/io_uring_types.h:538:35: note: in expansion of macro 'BIT'
  538 |         REQ_F_CAN_POLL          = BIT(REQ_F_CAN_POLL_BIT),
      |                                   ^~~

(and mny more similar)

Introduced by commit

  d964e8440442 ("io_uring: add io_file_can_poll() helper")

REQ_F_CAN_POLL_BIT is 32.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell