Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the device-mapper tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2024 14:40:53 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the device-mapper tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) failed like this:

drivers/md/dm-vdo/io-factory.c: In function 'read_ahead':
drivers/md/dm-vdo/io-factory.c:118:17: error: too few arguments to function 'dm_bufio_prefetch'
  118 |                 dm_bufio_prefetch(reader->client, block_number, read_ahead);
      |                 ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from drivers/md/dm-vdo/io-factory.h:9,
                 from drivers/md/dm-vdo/io-factory.c:6:
include/linux/dm-bufio.h:86:6: note: declared here
   86 | void dm_bufio_prefetch(struct dm_bufio_client *c,
      |      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/md/dm-vdo/io-factory.c: In function 'position_reader':
drivers/md/dm-vdo/io-factory.c:182:24: error: too few arguments to function 'dm_bufio_read'
  182 |                 data = dm_bufio_read(reader->client, block_number, &buffer);
      |                        ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
include/linux/dm-bufio.h:64:7: note: declared here
   64 | void *dm_bufio_read(struct dm_bufio_client *c, sector_t block,
      |       ^~~~~~~~~~~~~

Caused by commit

  82da73bac1ee ("dm vdo: add deduplication index storage interface")

interacting with commit

  3be93545346e ("dm bufio: Support IO priority")

I have used the device-mapper tree from next-20240206 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell