Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the vfs-brauner tree with the cifs tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2024 09:59:06 +1100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the vfs-brauner tree got a conflict in:

  fs/smb/client/file.c

between commit:

  ddcd663e2c76 ("cifs: Remove some code that's no longer used, part 2")

from the cifs tree and commit:

  a69ce85ec9af ("filelock: split common fields into struct file_lock_core")

from the vfs-brauner tree.

I fixed it up (this was caused by a pure white space change in the
latter commit on a line that was removed in the former anyway, so I
just used the former) and can carry the fix as necessary. This is now
fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial conflicts
should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree is
submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating with
the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell