Subject: Coverity: jpeg_v4_0_5_start(): Code maintainability issues

From: coverity-bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2024 16:00:23 -0800

Hello!

This is an experimental semi-automated report about issues detected by
Coverity from a scan of next-20240213 as part of the linux-next scan project:
https://scan.coverity.com/projects/linux-next-weekly-scan

You're getting this email because you were associated with the identified
lines of code (noted below) that were touched by commits:

  Mon Feb 12 16:09:32 2024 -0500
    0a119d53f74a ("drm/amdgpu/jpeg: add support for jpeg DPG mode")

Coverity reported the following:

*** CID 1583635:  Code maintainability issues  (UNUSED_VALUE)
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/jpeg_v4_0_5.c:461 in jpeg_v4_0_5_start()
455
456     		WREG32_SOC15(VCN, i, regVCN_JPEG_DB_CTRL,
457     			ring->doorbell_index << VCN_JPEG_DB_CTRL__OFFSET__SHIFT |
458     			VCN_JPEG_DB_CTRL__EN_MASK);
459
460     		if (adev->pg_flags & AMD_PG_SUPPORT_JPEG_DPG) {
vvv     CID 1583635:  Code maintainability issues  (UNUSED_VALUE)
vvv     Assigning value from "jpeg_v4_0_5_start_dpg_mode(adev, i, adev->jpeg.indirect_sram)" to "r" here, but that stored value is overwritten before it can be used.
461     			r = jpeg_v4_0_5_start_dpg_mode(adev, i, adev->jpeg.indirect_sram);
462     			continue;
463     		}
464
465     		/* disable power gating */
466     		r = jpeg_v4_0_5_disable_static_power_gating(adev, i);

If this is a false positive, please let us know so we can mark it as
such, or teach the Coverity rules to be smarter. If not, please make
sure fixes get into linux-next. :) For patches fixing this, please
include these lines (but double-check the "Fixes" first):

Reported-by: coverity-bot <[email-masked]>
Addresses-Coverity-ID: 1583635 ("Code maintainability issues")
Fixes: 0a119d53f74a ("drm/amdgpu/jpeg: add support for jpeg DPG mode")

Thanks for your attention!

-- 
Coverity-bot