Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the mm tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 14:57:19 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the mm tree, today's linux-next build (sparc defconfig)
failed like this:

In file included from include/linux/page_ext.h:7,
                 from include/linux/mm.h:22,
                 from fs/sysfs/file.c:18:
include/linux/stackdepot.h:59:39: error: 'CONFIG_STACKDEPOT_MAX_FRAMES' undeclared here (not in a function)
   59 |                 unsigned long entries[CONFIG_STACKDEPOT_MAX_FRAMES];    /* Frames */
      |                                       ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(and many more)

Caused by commit

  18d4230bb372 ("lib/stackdepot: move stack_record struct definition into the header")

from the mm-unstable branch of the mm tree.

$ grep CONFIG_STACKDEPOT .config 
$ 

I have reverted the following commits for today:

  7e56cf9a7f10 ("mm: add swappiness= arg to memory.reclaim")
  6290011d1ce1 ("mm: add defines for min/max swappiness")
  afb37edbd1e3 ("mm: optimization on page allocation when CMA enabled")
  0b222ac0b19c ("userfaultfd: use per-vma locks in userfaultfd operations")
  f8b7d8e37cb3 ("userfaultfd: protect mmap_changing with rw_sem in userfaulfd_ctx")
  cd8df983e066 ("userfaultfd: move userfaultfd_ctx struct to header file")
  292f31cdb470 ("mm,page_owner: update Documentation regarding page_owner_stacks")
  76d2da5f4805 ("mm,page_owner: filter out stacks by a threshold")
  37781739c4ad ("mm,page_owner: display all stacks and their count")
  525a88caf59c ("mm,page_owner: implement the tracking of the stacks count")
  18d4230bb372 ("lib/stackdepot: move stack_record struct definition into the header")

(from 18d4230bb372 to the end of mm-unstable)

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell