Subject: Re: linux-next: build warning after merge of the arm-soc-fixes tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2024 16:38:54 +1100

Hi all,

On Wed, 21 Feb 2024 16:30:10 +1100 Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> On Wed, 21 Feb 2024 09:28:26 +1100 Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >
> > After merging the arm-soc-fixes tree, today's linux-next build (arm
> > multi_v7_defconfig) produced this warning:
> > 
> > arch/arm/boot/dts/renesas/r8a7790-lager.dts:444.11-458.5: Warning (interrupt_provider): /i2c-mux4/pmic@58: Missing '#interrupt-cells' in interrupt provider
> > arch/arm/boot/dts/renesas/r8a7790-lager.dtb: Warning (interrupt_map): Failed prerequisite 'interrupt_provider'
> > arch/arm/boot/dts/renesas/r8a7792-blanche.dts:376.10-392.4: Warning (interrupt_provider): /soc/i2c@e60b0000/pmic@58: Missing '#interrupt-cells' in interrupt provider
> > arch/arm/boot/dts/renesas/r8a7792-blanche.dtb: Warning (interrupt_map): Failed prerequisite 'interrupt_provider'
> > arch/arm/boot/dts/renesas/r8a7790-stout.dts:344.10-362.4: Warning (interrupt_provider): /soc/i2c@e60b0000/pmic@58: Missing '#interrupt-cells' in interrupt provider
> > arch/arm/boot/dts/renesas/r8a7790-stout.dtb: Warning (interrupt_map): Failed prerequisite 'interrupt_provider'
> > arch/arm/boot/dts/renesas/r8a7791-koelsch.dts:816.10-830.4: Warning (interrupt_provider): /soc/i2c@e60b0000/pmic@58: Missing '#interrupt-cells' in interrupt provider
> > arch/arm/boot/dts/renesas/r8a7791-koelsch.dtb: Warning (interrupt_map): Failed prerequisite 'interrupt_provider'
> > arch/arm/boot/dts/renesas/r8a7791-porter.dts:410.10-420.4: Warning (interrupt_provider): /soc/i2c@e60b0000/pmic@5a: Missing '#interrupt-cells' in interrupt provider
> > arch/arm/boot/dts/renesas/r8a7791-porter.dtb: Warning (interrupt_map): Failed prerequisite 'interrupt_provider'
> > arch/arm/boot/dts/renesas/r8a7794-alt.dts:450.10-464.4: Warning (interrupt_provider): /soc/i2c@e6510000/pmic@58: Missing '#interrupt-cells' in interrupt provider
> > arch/arm/boot/dts/renesas/r8a7794-alt.dtb: Warning (interrupt_map): Failed prerequisite 'interrupt_provider'
> > arch/arm/boot/dts/renesas/r8a7794-silk.dts:436.10-454.4: Warning (interrupt_provider): /soc/i2c@e6510000/pmic@58: Missing '#interrupt-cells' in interrupt provider
> > arch/arm/boot/dts/renesas/r8a7794-silk.dtb: Warning (interrupt_map): Failed prerequisite 'interrupt_provider'
> > arch/arm/boot/dts/renesas/r8a7793-gose.dts:756.10-770.4: Warning (interrupt_provider): /soc/i2c@e60b0000/pmic@58: Missing '#interrupt-cells' in interrupt provider
> > arch/arm/boot/dts/renesas/r8a7793-gose.dtb: Warning (interrupt_map): Failed prerequisite 'interrupt_provider'
> > 
> > Introduced/exposed by commit
> > 
> >   78b6f8e7379b ("dtc: Enable dtc interrupt_provider check")
> > 
> > I guess you missed some :-(  
> 
> Also these from the arm64 defconfig build:
> 
> arch/arm64/boot/dts/freescale/mba8xx.dtsi:233.20-249.4: Warning (interrupt_provider): /bus@5a000000/i2c@5a810000/gpio@70: Missing '#interrupt-cells' in interrupt provider
> arch/arm64/boot/dts/freescale/imx8dxp-tqma8xdp-mba8xx.dtb: Warning (interrupt_map): Failed prerequisite 'interrupt_provider'
> arch/arm64/boot/dts/freescale/mba8xx.dtsi:233.20-249.4: Warning (interrupt_provider): /bus@5a000000/i2c@5a810000/gpio@70: Missing '#interrupt-cells' in interrupt provider
> arch/arm64/boot/dts/freescale/imx8qxp-tqma8xqp-mba8xx.dtb: Warning (interrupt_map): Failed prerequisite 'interrupt_provider'

And these from the powerpc ppc44x_defconfig build:

arch/powerpc/boot/dts/sam440ep.dts:266.22-287.5: Warning (interrupt_provider): /plb/pci@ec000000: '#interrupt-cells' found, but node is not an interrupt provider
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/sam440ep.dtb: Warning (interrupt_map): Failed prerequisite 'interrupt_provider'

And these from the powerpc allyesconfig build:

arch/powerpc/boot/dts/mpc5200b.dtsi:267.20-282.4: Warning (interrupt_provider): /pci@f0000d00: '#interrupt-cells' found, but node is not an interrupt provider
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/a3m071.dtb: Warning (interrupt_map): Failed prerequisite 'interrupt_provider'
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/mpc5121.dtsi:508.20-525.4: Warning (interrupt_provider): /pci@80008500: '#interrupt-cells' found, but node is not an interrupt provider
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/ac14xx.dtb: Warning (interrupt_map): Failed prerequisite 'interrupt_provider'
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/amigaone.dts:57.9-163.5: Warning (interrupt_provider): /pci@80000000/isa@7: '#interrupt-cells' found, but node is not an interrupt provider
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/amigaone.dtb: Warning (interrupt_map): Failed prerequisite 'interrupt_provider'
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/mpc5200b.dtsi:267.20-282.4: Warning (interrupt_provider): /pci@f0000d00: '#interrupt-cells' found, but node is not an interrupt provider
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/cm5200.dtb: Warning (interrupt_map): Failed prerequisite 'interrupt_provider'
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/ep8248e.dts:101.13-190.5: Warning (interrupt_provider): /soc@f0000000/cpm@119c0: '#interrupt-cells' found, but node is not an interrupt provider
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/ep8248e.dtb: Warning (interrupt_map): Failed prerequisite 'interrupt_provider'
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/ep88xc.dts:122.13-131.5: Warning (interrupt_provider): /soc@fa200000/pcmcia@80: '#interrupt-cells' found, but node is not an interrupt provider
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/ep88xc.dtb: Warning (interrupt_map): Failed prerequisite 'interrupt_provider'
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/fsp2.dts:392.24-397.5: Warning (interrupt_provider): /plb4/plb6-system-hung-irq: '#interrupt-cells' found, but node is not an interrupt provider
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/fsp2.dts:399.16-404.5: Warning (interrupt_provider): /plb4/l2-error-irq: '#interrupt-cells' found, but node is not an interrupt provider
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/fsp2.dts:406.17-411.5: Warning (interrupt_provider): /plb4/plb6-plb4-irq: '#interrupt-cells' found, but node is not an interrupt provider
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/fsp2.dts:413.16-418.5: Warning (interrupt_provider): /plb4/plb4-ahb-irq: '#interrupt-cells' found, but node is not an interrupt provider
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/fsp2.dts:420.18-425.5: Warning (interrupt_provider): /plb4/opbd-error-irq: '#interrupt-cells' found, but node is not an interrupt provider
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/fsp2.dts:427.17-432.5: Warning (interrupt_provider): /plb4/cmu-error-irq: '#interrupt-cells' found, but node is not an interrupt provider
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/fsp2.dts:434.18-439.5: Warning (interrupt_provider): /plb4/conf-error-irq: '#interrupt-cells' found, but node is not an interrupt provider
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/fsp2.dts:441.13-446.5: Warning (interrupt_provider): /plb4/mc-ue-irq: '#interrupt-cells' found, but node is not an interrupt provider
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/fsp2.dts:448.21-453.5: Warning (interrupt_provider): /plb4/reset-warning-irq: '#interrupt-cells' found, but node is not an interrupt provider
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/fsp2.dtb: Warning (interrupt_map): Failed prerequisite 'interrupt_provider'
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/fsl/gef_ppc9a.dts:195.22-209.4: Warning (interrupt_provider): /pcie@fef08000: '#interrupt-cells' found, but node is not an interrupt provider
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/fsl/gef_ppc9a.dts:211.22-213.4: Warning (interrupt_provider): /pcie@fef09000: '#interrupt-cells' found, but node is not an interrupt provider
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/fsl/gef_ppc9a.dtb: Warning (interrupt_map): Failed prerequisite 'interrupt_provider'
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/fsl/gef_sbc310.dts:217.22-231.4: Warning (interrupt_provider): /pcie@fef09000: '#interrupt-cells' found, but node is not an interrupt provider
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/fsl/gef_sbc310.dtb: Warning (interrupt_map): Failed prerequisite 'interrupt_provider'
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/fsl/gef_sbc610.dts:193.22-207.4: Warning (interrupt_provider): /pcie@fef08000: '#interrupt-cells' found, but node is not an interrupt provider
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/fsl/gef_sbc610.dts:209.22-211.4: Warning (interrupt_provider): /pcie@fef09000: '#interrupt-cells' found, but node is not an interrupt provider
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/fsl/gef_sbc610.dtb: Warning (interrupt_map): Failed prerequisite 'interrupt_provider'
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/fsl/mpc8544ds.dtsi:154.11-204.6: Warning (interrupt_provider): /pcie@e000b000/pcie@0/uli1575@0/isa@1e: '#interrupt-cells' found, but node is not an interrupt provider
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/fsl/mpc8544ds.dtb: Warning (interrupt_map): Failed prerequisite 'interrupt_provider'
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/fsl/mpc8572ds.dtsi:375.11-425.6: Warning (interrupt_provider): /pcie@ffe08000/pcie@0/uli1575@0/isa@1e: '#interrupt-cells' found, but node is not an interrupt provider
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/fsl/mpc8572ds.dtb: Warning (interrupt_map): Failed prerequisite 'interrupt_provider'
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/fsl/mpc8572ds.dtsi:375.11-425.6: Warning (interrupt_provider): /pcie@fffe08000/pcie@0/uli1575@0/isa@1e: '#interrupt-cells' found, but node is not an interrupt provider
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/fsl/mpc8572ds_36b.dtb: Warning (interrupt_map): Failed prerequisite 'interrupt_provider'
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/fsl/mpc8572ds.dtsi:375.11-425.6: Warning (interrupt_provider): /pcie@ffe08000/pcie@0/uli1575@0/isa@1e: '#interrupt-cells' found, but node is not an interrupt provider
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/fsl/mpc8572ds_camp_core0.dtb: Warning (interrupt_map): Failed prerequisite 'interrupt_provider'
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/fsl/mpc8572ds.dtsi:375.11-425.6: Warning (interrupt_provider): /pcie@ffe08000/pcie@0/uli1575@0/isa@1e: '#interrupt-cells' found, but node is not an interrupt provider
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/fsl/mpc8572ds_camp_core1.dtb: Warning (interrupt_map): Failed prerequisite 'interrupt_provider'
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/mpc5200b.dtsi:267.20-282.4: Warning (interrupt_provider): /pci@f0000d00: '#interrupt-cells' found, but node is not an interrupt provider
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/motionpro.dtb: Warning (interrupt_map): Failed prerequisite 'interrupt_provider'
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/mgcoge.dts:105.13-230.5: Warning (interrupt_provider): /soc@f0000000/cpm@119c0: '#interrupt-cells' found, but node is not an interrupt provider
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/mgcoge.dtb: Warning (interrupt_map): Failed prerequisite 'interrupt_provider'
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/fsl/mvme7100.dts:135.22-137.4: Warning (interrupt_provider): /pcie@f1008000: '#interrupt-cells' found, but node is not an interrupt provider
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/fsl/mvme7100.dts:139.22-141.4: Warning (interrupt_provider): /pcie@f1009000: '#interrupt-cells' found, but node is not an interrupt provider
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/fsl/mvme7100.dtb: Warning (interrupt_map): Failed prerequisite 'interrupt_provider'
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/mpc885ads.dts:127.13-136.5: Warning (interrupt_provider): /soc@ff000000/pcmcia@80: '#interrupt-cells' found, but node is not an interrupt provider
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/mpc885ads.dtb: Warning (interrupt_map): Failed prerequisite 'interrupt_provider'
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/mvme5100.dts:155.7-177.5: Warning (interrupt_provider): /pci@feff0000/isa: '#interrupt-cells' found, but node is not an interrupt provider
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/mvme5100.dtb: Warning (interrupt_map): Failed prerequisite 'interrupt_provider'
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/mpc5200b.dtsi:267.20-282.4: Warning (interrupt_provider): /pci@f0000d00: '#interrupt-cells' found, but node is not an interrupt provider
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/o2d300.dtb: Warning (interrupt_map): Failed prerequisite 'interrupt_provider'
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/mpc5200b.dtsi:267.20-282.4: Warning (interrupt_provider): /pci@f0000d00: '#interrupt-cells' found, but node is not an interrupt provider
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/o2d.dtb: Warning (interrupt_map): Failed prerequisite 'interrupt_provider'
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/mpc5200b.dtsi:267.20-282.4: Warning (interrupt_provider): /pci@f0000d00: '#interrupt-cells' found, but node is not an interrupt provider
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/o2dnt2.dtb: Warning (interrupt_map): Failed prerequisite 'interrupt_provider'
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/mpc5200b.dtsi:267.20-282.4: Warning (interrupt_provider): /pci@f0000d00: '#interrupt-cells' found, but node is not an interrupt provider
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/o2i.dtb: Warning (interrupt_map): Failed prerequisite 'interrupt_provider'
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/mpc5200b.dtsi:267.20-282.4: Warning (interrupt_provider): /pci@f0000d00: '#interrupt-cells' found, but node is not an interrupt provider
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/o2mnt.dtb: Warning (interrupt_map): Failed prerequisite 'interrupt_provider'
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/mpc5200b.dtsi:267.20-282.4: Warning (interrupt_provider): /pci@f0000d00: '#interrupt-cells' found, but node is not an interrupt provider
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/o3dnt.dtb: Warning (interrupt_map): Failed prerequisite 'interrupt_provider'
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/mpc5121.dtsi:508.20-525.4: Warning (interrupt_provider): /pci@80008500: '#interrupt-cells' found, but node is not an interrupt provider
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/pdm360ng.dtb: Warning (interrupt_map): Failed prerequisite 'interrupt_provider'
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/sam440ep.dts:266.22-287.5: Warning (interrupt_provider): /plb/pci@ec000000: '#interrupt-cells' found, but node is not an interrupt provider
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/sam440ep.dtb: Warning (interrupt_map): Failed prerequisite 'interrupt_provider'
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/fsl/p2020ds.dtsi:274.11-324.6: Warning (interrupt_provider): /pcie@ffe09000/pcie@0/uli1575@0/isa@1e: '#interrupt-cells' found, but node is not an interrupt provider
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/fsl/p2020ds.dtb: Warning (interrupt_map): Failed prerequisite 'interrupt_provider'
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/fsl/ppa8548.dts:34.22-37.4: Warning (interrupt_provider): /pci@fe0008000: '#interrupt-cells' found, but node is not an interrupt provider
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/fsl/ppa8548.dts:39.22-42.4: Warning (interrupt_provider): /pci@fe0009000: '#interrupt-cells' found, but node is not an interrupt provider
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/fsl/ppa8548.dtb: Warning (interrupt_map): Failed prerequisite 'interrupt_provider'
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/mpc5200b.dtsi:267.20-282.4: Warning (interrupt_provider): /pci@f0000d00: '#interrupt-cells' found, but node is not an interrupt provider
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/uc101.dtb: Warning (interrupt_map): Failed prerequisite 'interrupt_provider'

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell