Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the drm-xe tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 19:04:48 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the drm-xe tree, today's linux-next build (arm64 defconfig)
failed like this:

arch/arm64/kvm/hyp/nvhe/hyp-init.S: Assembler messages:
arch/arm64/kvm/hyp/nvhe/hyp-init.S:557: Error: found 'l', expected: ')'
arch/arm64/kvm/hyp/nvhe/hyp-init.S:29:  Info: macro invoked from here
arch/arm64/kvm/hyp/nvhe/hyp-init.S:221:   Info: macro invoked from here
arch/arm64/kvm/hyp/nvhe/hyp-init.S:557: Error: non-constant expression in ".if" statement
arch/arm64/kvm/hyp/nvhe/hyp-init.S:557: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `l'
arch/arm64/kvm/hyp/nvhe/hyp-init.S:560: Error: found 'l', expected: ')'
arch/arm64/kvm/hyp/nvhe/hyp-init.S:560: Error: non-constant expression in ".if" statement
arch/arm64/kvm/hyp/nvhe/hyp-init.S:560: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `l'

and many, many more.

Bisected to commit

  b77cb9640f1f ("bits: introduce fixed-type genmasks")

I have reverted that commit (and the following 2) for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell