Subject: Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the crypto tree

From: Eric Biggers <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2024 19:22:19 -0700

On Wed, Mar 13, 2024 at 03:12:11PM +1300, Barry Song wrote:
> > The only user of comp_alg_common was the crypto stats, and it was introduced by
> > a refactoring of the crypto stats (commit 0a742389bcc0, "crypto: acomp - Count
> > error stats differently"), so it seems appropriate to remove it for now.
> > 
> > If you could go through my patch and explain what other unused code related to
> > the crypto stats you might consider to be "infrastructure" that should not be
> > removed, that would be helpful.
> 
> Hi Eric,
> that user is mm/zswap [1], apologize it was not in crypto tree. I guess you might
> just need a new version to keep that one :-)
> 
> [1] https://lore.kernel.org/linux-mm/[email-masked]/ 
> 

That code is just reading the algorithm flags, which exist regardless of whether
struct comp_alg_common does or not.  The exact way to get at those flags just
changes slightly.

- Eric