Subject: Re: linux-next: build warnings after merge of the mm tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2024 15:39:47 +1100

Hi all,

On Mon, 25 Mar 2024 23:16:55 -0700 Suren Baghdasaryan <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Thanks! I'll change back all the instances in the documentation where
> we replaced original names with _noprof versions.

I now have the following:

mm/util.c:128: warning: expecting prototype for kmemdup_noprof(). Prototype was for kmemdup() instead
mm/util.c:613: warning: expecting prototype for kvmalloc_node_noprof(). Prototype was for kvmalloc_node() instead
mm/util.c:724: warning: expecting prototype for __vmalloc_array_noprof(). Prototype was for __vmalloc_array() instead
mm/util.c:739: warning: expecting prototype for vmalloc_array_noprof(). Prototype was for vmalloc_array() instead
mm/util.c:762: warning: expecting prototype for vcalloc_noprof(). Prototype was for vcalloc() instead
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/inc/hw/hubp.h:1: warning: no structured comments found
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/inc/hw/hubp.h:1: warning: no structured comments found
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/inc/hw/mpc.h:1: warning: no structured comments found
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/inc/hw/mpc.h:547: warning: Function parameter or struct member 'read_mpcc_state' not described in 'mpc_funcs'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/inc/hw/mpc.h:547: warning: Function parameter or struct member 'mpc_init_single_inst' not described in 'mpc_funcs'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/inc/hw/mpc.h:547: warning: Function parameter or struct member 'get_mpcc_for_dpp_from_secondary' not described in 'mpc_funcs'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/inc/hw/mpc.h:547: warning: Function parameter or struct member 'get_mpcc_for_dpp' not described in 'mpc_funcs'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/inc/hw/mpc.h:547: warning: Function parameter or struct member 'wait_for_idle' not described in 'mpc_funcs'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/inc/hw/mpc.h:547: warning: Function parameter or struct member 'assert_mpcc_idle_before_connect' not described in 'mpc_funcs'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/inc/hw/mpc.h:547: warning: Function parameter or struct member 'init_mpcc_list_from_hw' not described in 'mpc_funcs'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/inc/hw/mpc.h:547: warning: Function parameter or struct member 'set_denorm' not described in 'mpc_funcs'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/inc/hw/mpc.h:547: warning: Function parameter or struct member 'set_denorm_clamp' not described in 'mpc_funcs'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/inc/hw/mpc.h:547: warning: Function parameter or struct member 'set_output_csc' not described in 'mpc_funcs'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/inc/hw/mpc.h:547: warning: Function parameter or struct member 'set_ocsc_default' not described in 'mpc_funcs'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/inc/hw/mpc.h:547: warning: Function parameter or struct member 'set_output_gamma' not described in 'mpc_funcs'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/inc/hw/mpc.h:547: warning: Function parameter or struct member 'power_on_mpc_mem_pwr' not described in 'mpc_funcs'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/inc/hw/mpc.h:547: warning: Function parameter or struct member 'set_dwb_mux' not described in 'mpc_funcs'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/inc/hw/mpc.h:547: warning: Function parameter or struct member 'disable_dwb_mux' not described in 'mpc_funcs'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/inc/hw/mpc.h:547: warning: Function parameter or struct member 'is_dwb_idle' not described in 'mpc_funcs'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/inc/hw/mpc.h:547: warning: Function parameter or struct member 'set_out_rate_control' not described in 'mpc_funcs'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/inc/hw/mpc.h:547: warning: Function parameter or struct member 'set_gamut_remap' not described in 'mpc_funcs'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/inc/hw/mpc.h:547: warning: Function parameter or struct member 'program_1dlut' not described in 'mpc_funcs'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/inc/hw/mpc.h:547: warning: Function parameter or struct member 'program_shaper' not described in 'mpc_funcs'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/inc/hw/mpc.h:547: warning: Function parameter or struct member 'acquire_rmu' not described in 'mpc_funcs'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/inc/hw/mpc.h:547: warning: Function parameter or struct member 'program_3dlut' not described in 'mpc_funcs'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/inc/hw/mpc.h:547: warning: Function parameter or struct member 'release_rmu' not described in 'mpc_funcs'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/inc/hw/mpc.h:547: warning: Function parameter or struct member 'get_mpc_out_mux' not described in 'mpc_funcs'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/inc/hw/mpc.h:547: warning: Function parameter or struct member 'set_bg_color' not described in 'mpc_funcs'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/inc/hw/mpc.h:547: warning: Function parameter or struct member 'set_mpc_mem_lp_mode' not described in 'mpc_funcs'
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/inc/hw/opp.h:1: warning: no structured comments found
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/inc/hw/opp.h:1: warning: no structured comments found
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/link/hwss/link_hwss_dio.h:1: warning: no structured comments found
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/link/hwss/link_hwss_dio.h:1: warning: no structured comments found
drivers/slimbus/stream.c:49: warning: Excess struct member 'segdist_codes' description in 'segdist_code'
include/linux/slab.h:730: warning: Function parameter or struct member '_n' not described in 'kcalloc'
include/linux/slab.h:730: warning: Function parameter or struct member '_size' not described in 'kcalloc'
include/linux/slab.h:730: warning: Function parameter or struct member '_flags' not described in 'kcalloc'
include/linux/slab.h:730: warning: Excess function parameter 'n' description in 'kcalloc'
include/linux/slab.h:730: warning: Excess function parameter 'size' description in 'kcalloc'
include/linux/slab.h:730: warning: Excess function parameter 'flags' description in 'kcalloc'
mm/slub.c:3969: warning: expecting prototype for kmem_cache_alloc_node_noprof(). Prototype was for kmem_cache_alloc_node() instead
mm/util.c:128: warning: expecting prototype for kmemdup_noprof(). Prototype was for kmemdup() instead
mm/util.c:613: warning: expecting prototype for kvmalloc_node_noprof(). Prototype was for kvmalloc_node() instead
mm/util.c:724: warning: expecting prototype for __vmalloc_array_noprof(). Prototype was for __vmalloc_array() instead
mm/util.c:739: warning: expecting prototype for vmalloc_array_noprof(). Prototype was for vmalloc_array() instead
mm/util.c:762: warning: expecting prototype for vcalloc_noprof(). Prototype was for vcalloc() instead
mm/vmalloc.c:3722: warning: expecting prototype for __vmalloc_node_range_noprof(). Prototype was for __vmalloc_node_range() instead
mm/vmalloc.c:3867: warning: expecting prototype for __vmalloc_node_noprof(). Prototype was for __vmalloc_node() instead
mm/vmalloc.c:3940: warning: expecting prototype for vzalloc_noprof(). Prototype was for vzalloc() instead
mm/vmalloc.c:3978: warning: expecting prototype for vmalloc_node_noprof(). Prototype was for vmalloc_node() instead
mm/vmalloc.c:3996: warning: expecting prototype for vzalloc_node_noprof(). Prototype was for vzalloc_node() instead
mm/vmalloc.c:4024: warning: expecting prototype for vmalloc_32_noprof(). Prototype was for vmalloc_32() instead
mm/vmalloc.c:4040: warning: expecting prototype for vmalloc_32_user_noprof(). Prototype was for vmalloc_32_user() instead
mm/mempool.c:383: warning: expecting prototype for mempool_alloc_noprof(). Prototype was for mempool_alloc() instead
mm/page_alloc.c:4991: warning: expecting prototype for alloc_pages_exact_noprof(). Prototype was for alloc_pages_exact() instead
mm/page_alloc.c:5016: warning: expecting prototype for alloc_pages_exact_nid_noprof(). Prototype was for alloc_pages_exact_nid() instead
mm/page_alloc.c:6463: warning: expecting prototype for alloc_contig_range_noprof(). Prototype was for alloc_contig_range() instead
mm/page_alloc.c:6627: warning: expecting prototype for alloc_contig_pages_noprof(). Prototype was for alloc_contig_pages() instead
mm/mempolicy.c:2223: warning: expecting prototype for alloc_pages_mpol_noprof(). Prototype was for alloc_pages_mpol() instead
mm/mempolicy.c:2298: warning: expecting prototype for vma_alloc_folio_noprof(). Prototype was for vma_alloc_folio() instead
mm/mempolicy.c:2326: warning: expecting prototype for alloc_pages_noprof(). Prototype was for alloc_pages() instead
mm/util.c:128: warning: expecting prototype for kmemdup_noprof(). Prototype was for kmemdup() instead
mm/util.c:613: warning: expecting prototype for kvmalloc_node_noprof(). Prototype was for kvmalloc_node() instead
mm/util.c:724: warning: expecting prototype for __vmalloc_array_noprof(). Prototype was for __vmalloc_array() instead
mm/util.c:739: warning: expecting prototype for vmalloc_array_noprof(). Prototype was for vmalloc_array() instead
mm/util.c:762: warning: expecting prototype for vcalloc_noprof(). Prototype was for vcalloc() instead
mm/percpu.c:1745: warning: expecting prototype for pcpu_alloc_noprof(). Prototype was for pcpu_alloc() instead

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell