Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the drm-misc tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2024 10:47:05 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the drm-misc tree, today's linux-next build
(x86_64_allmodconfig) failed like this:

In file included from drivers/gpu/drm/panthor/panthor_fw.c:19:
drivers/gpu/drm/panthor/panthor_fw.c: In function 'panthor_job_irq_suspend':
drivers/gpu/drm/panthor/panthor_device.h:326:13: error: unused variable 'cookie' [-Werror=unused-variable]
  326 |         int cookie;                                                                             \
      |             ^~~~~~
drivers/gpu/drm/panthor/panthor_fw.c:979:1: note: in expansion of macro 'PANTHOR_IRQ_HANDLER'
  979 | PANTHOR_IRQ_HANDLER(job, JOB, panthor_job_irq_handler);
      | ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/gpu/drm/panthor/panthor_fw.c: In function 'panthor_job_irq_resume':
drivers/gpu/drm/panthor/panthor_device.h:336:13: error: unused variable 'cookie' [-Werror=unused-variable]
  336 |         int cookie;                                                                             \
      |             ^~~~~~
drivers/gpu/drm/panthor/panthor_fw.c:979:1: note: in expansion of macro 'PANTHOR_IRQ_HANDLER'
  979 | PANTHOR_IRQ_HANDLER(job, JOB, panthor_job_irq_handler);
      | ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors
In file included from drivers/gpu/drm/panthor/panthor_gpu.c:19:
drivers/gpu/drm/panthor/panthor_gpu.c: In function 'panthor_gpu_irq_suspend':
drivers/gpu/drm/panthor/panthor_device.h:326:13: error: unused variable 'cookie' [-Werror=unused-variable]
  326 |         int cookie;                                                                             \
      |             ^~~~~~
drivers/gpu/drm/panthor/panthor_gpu.c:166:1: note: in expansion of macro 'PANTHOR_IRQ_HANDLER'
  166 | PANTHOR_IRQ_HANDLER(gpu, GPU, panthor_gpu_irq_handler);
      | ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/gpu/drm/panthor/panthor_gpu.c: In function 'panthor_gpu_irq_resume':
drivers/gpu/drm/panthor/panthor_device.h:336:13: error: unused variable 'cookie' [-Werror=unused-variable]
  336 |         int cookie;                                                                             \
      |             ^~~~~~
drivers/gpu/drm/panthor/panthor_gpu.c:166:1: note: in expansion of macro 'PANTHOR_IRQ_HANDLER'
  166 | PANTHOR_IRQ_HANDLER(gpu, GPU, panthor_gpu_irq_handler);
      | ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors
In file included from drivers/gpu/drm/panthor/panthor_mmu.c:30:
drivers/gpu/drm/panthor/panthor_mmu.c: In function 'panthor_mmu_irq_suspend':
drivers/gpu/drm/panthor/panthor_device.h:326:13: error: unused variable 'cookie' [-Werror=unused-variable]
  326 |         int cookie;                                                                             \
      |             ^~~~~~
drivers/gpu/drm/panthor/panthor_mmu.c:1689:1: note: in expansion of macro 'PANTHOR_IRQ_HANDLER'
 1689 | PANTHOR_IRQ_HANDLER(mmu, MMU, panthor_mmu_irq_handler);
      | ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/gpu/drm/panthor/panthor_mmu.c: In function 'panthor_mmu_irq_resume':
drivers/gpu/drm/panthor/panthor_device.h:336:13: error: unused variable 'cookie' [-Werror=unused-variable]
  336 |         int cookie;                                                                             \
      |             ^~~~~~
drivers/gpu/drm/panthor/panthor_mmu.c:1689:1: note: in expansion of macro 'PANTHOR_IRQ_HANDLER'
 1689 | PANTHOR_IRQ_HANDLER(mmu, MMU, panthor_mmu_irq_handler);
      | ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors

Caused by commit

  962f88b9c916 ("drm/panthor: Drop the dev_enter/exit() sections in _irq_suspend/resume()")

I have used the drm-misc tree from next-20240402 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell