Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the mm tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2024 09:15:26 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the mm tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
ppc64_defconfig) failed like this:

In file included from include/linux/mm.h:1115,
                 from include/linux/mman.h:5,
                 from arch/powerpc/kernel/asm-offsets.c:19:
include/linux/huge_mm.h:276:23: error: variably modified 'stats' at file scope
  276 |         unsigned long stats[PMD_ORDER + 1][__MTHP_STAT_COUNT];
      |                       ^~~~~

Caused by commit

  d4358ee0a075 ("mm: add per-order mTHP anon_alloc and anon_alloc_fallback counters")

from the mm-unstable branch of the mm tree.

PMD_ORDER is not necessarily constant on PowerPC (since it depends on
PTE_INDEX_SIZE).

I have reverted that commit (and the following one) for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell