Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the tip tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2024 12:49:05 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the tip tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
ppc64_defconfig) failed like this:

In file included from <command-line>:
lib/vdso/gettimeofday.c: In function 'vdso_calc_ns':
lib/vdso/gettimeofday.c:11:33: error: 'U64_MAX' undeclared (first use in this function); did you mean 'U64_C'?
   11 | # define VDSO_DELTA_MASK(vd)    U64_MAX
      |                                 ^~~~~~~
lib/vdso/gettimeofday.c:41:49: note: in expansion of macro 'VDSO_DELTA_MASK'
   41 |         u64 delta = (cycles - vd->cycle_last) & VDSO_DELTA_MASK(vd);
      |                                                 ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
lib/vdso/gettimeofday.c:11:33: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
   11 | # define VDSO_DELTA_MASK(vd)    U64_MAX
      |                                 ^~~~~~~
lib/vdso/gettimeofday.c:41:49: note: in expansion of macro 'VDSO_DELTA_MASK'
   41 |         u64 delta = (cycles - vd->cycle_last) & VDSO_DELTA_MASK(vd);
      |                                                 ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Caused by commit

  c8e3a8b6f2e6 ("vdso: Consolidate vdso_calc_delta()")

I have used the tip tree from next-20240408 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell