Subject: linux-next: build failures after merge of the drm-misc tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2024 12:10:27 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the drm-misc tree, today's linux-next builds (arm
multi_v7_defconfig and x86_64 allmodconfig) failed like this:

(from the arm build)

drivers/gpu/drm/omapdrm/omap_fb.c: In function 'omap_framebuffer_describe':
drivers/gpu/drm/omapdrm/omap_fb.c:325:9: error: implicit declaration of function 'seq_printf'; did you mean 'drm_printf'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
  325 |         seq_printf(m, "fb: %dx%d@%4.4s\n", fb->width, fb->height,
      |         ^~~~~~~~~~
      |         drm_printf

(from the x86_64 build)

drivers/gpu/drm/loongson/lsdc_crtc.c: In function 'lsdc_crtc_late_register':
drivers/gpu/drm/loongson/lsdc_crtc.c:692:9: error: implicit declaration of function 'debugfs_create_file'; did you mean 'bus_create_file'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
  692 |         debugfs_create_file("ops", 0644, crtc->debugfs_entry, lcrtc,
      |         ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      |         bus_create_file

Caused by commits

  9e2b84fb6cd7 ("drm/print: drop include seq_file.h")
  33d5ae6cacf4 ("drm/print: drop include debugfs.h and include where needed")

I have used the drm-misc tree from next-20240423 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell