Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the v4l-dvb-next tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2024 10:22:36 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the v4l-dvb-next tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) failed like this:

drivers/media/pci/intel/ipu6/ipu6.c: In function 'request_cpd_fw':
drivers/media/pci/intel/ipu6/ipu6.c:529:21: error: implicit declaration of function 'vmalloc'; did you mean 'kvmalloc'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
  529 |         dst->data = vmalloc(fw->size);
      |                     ^~~~~~~
      |                     kvmalloc
drivers/media/pci/intel/ipu6/ipu6.c:529:19: error: assignment to 'const u8 *' {aka 'const unsigned char *'} from 'int' makes pointer from integer without a cast [-Werror=int-conversion]
  529 |         dst->data = vmalloc(fw->size);
      |                   ^
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors

Caused by commit

  25fedc021985 ("media: intel/ipu6: add Intel IPU6 PCI device driver")

I have used the vl4-dvb-next tree from next-20240430 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell